{6}

I blinked and repeated what he said a couple times. Why would he want to get to know me, a vampire that trespasses on their territory. I looked at Jasper, trying to read him.

"Why? I'm a trespasser on your territory. If anything, you should be running me off your land." I say, looking back at Jasper.

"Is that what you want? To always be on the run?" Jasper asked, confused.

"No." I say quietly.

We start walking out and Jasper tries to start a conversation with me. I make small comments, still afraid to trust him fully. We were walking by the worm compost when someone held a stick out with worms in my face. I try to move away, but instead, I move to where I'm against Jasper. I put my lips into a thin line when I feel some sort of spark as my arm touches his. I jump away from him and speed walk away. I get on the bus and wait for Bella. I look out the window to see Bella, Edward, and Alice talking. Jasper turns and looks at me. I quickly look away and watch as an angry Bella gets on the bus and sits alone. I sigh and slouch into my seat when I smell Jasper and Emmett come on the bus and come closer to me.

"May I?" Jasper asks.

I look over as Emmett sits across from me in an empty seat. I then look up and scoot closer to the window, letting him know he could sit. He sits down and the bus doors close. I still look out the window and put my hood up from my sweater. I was in the mood for a nap and was glad that we could go home as soon as we got to the school. I counted myself lucky that I could actually sleep, unlike other vampires. How lucky I am. I smirk a little but jump when I hear Jasper's voice.

"What are you smiling about?" he asks.

"Um... nothing." I say, shaking my head slowly.

"Jasper... we have to go hunt as soon as we get off the bus and go home." Emmett says.

Jasper does a curt nod and looks forwards, almost as if sitting near all these humans were tempting him. Out of sympathy, I hesitantly put my hand on his shoulder, feeling the sparks from before. Jasper looks at me in surprise as I look back at him.

"So, um... sorry for throwing the deer at you guys." I say nervously.

Jasper chuckles as Emmett chimes in.

"Yeah, be thankful I dodged that thing. It was a great diversion though." Emmett said, smiling.

I couldn't help but chuckle and I apologized to him. We make small talk mostly to distract Jasper from the smell of humans. Once the bus stops, they get off while saying goodbye to me. I get off the bus with a smile. Maybe they aren't so bad after all. They all have their struggles, but they are not like other vampires I have met. With that thought, I shudder and frown. Their red eyes flashing in my mind. I shake my head and head home.