25. Sebastian

My books are sprawled across the breakfast table while Penny sits at the kitchen island, we were both doing homework. The couple in the living room are talking in Italian, arguing about work and then baby things, there's no in-between. I feel like that's their dynamic though, they know their boundaries between work and personal life. Well at least now they know, I guess when Rhett first started, they didn't.

"Rhett has to know we can understand them right?" Penny sighs, I glance over at her just as she looks over her shoulder to me. I shrug.

"I'm not even paying attention, what did he say?" I ask her clicking my mechanical pencil. Penny cringes but spins around on the island chair.

"She told him to stuff his mouth and she responds I'd stuff your mouth with my cock" My baby sister says and I laugh. Yeah sounds like our brother. "It was gross!" She exclaims.

My sister is no virgin, I found that out the hard way but she's our baby sister and would rather not hear Rhett and I indulge in any talk that should be kept in the bedroom and more so the pillow talk.

"Just put in headphones Penny," I chuckle standing up and making my way for the fridge, she follows my movements turning back towards the island.

"It's not like I wanted to hear, they were talking about numbers, and then boom," she shrugs snapping her fingers, I shake my head at her and grab a bottle of water.

"Headphones," I remind her and she sticks out her tongue at me. "Mature," I tell her tipping my water bottle at her. She flips me off and I smile.

"I talked to Dad today," she tells me and I raise a brow. She's obviously chewing on her words because she's silent and avoiding eye contact. She and Dad have a different relationship between him and me, they talk the most out of us kids. He obviously has a softer side for her because he's her baby girl, but he treats her like she's fragile and that's the difference.

"And?" I ask her.

"He was just about dinner this week."

"You guys just talked about dinner?" I ask.

"Asked about Iris and then school," She shrugs. "I didn't give too much about Iris, just that her first trimester is almost done that's it."

"What else did he want?" I ask her, rounding the counter.

"Nothing much other than that, asked me if I had talked to mom."

"Why would he care?" I ask and my sister sighs.

"She's still our mom Seb," she turns to face me again.

"I'm not stopping you from having a great relationship with either of our parents Penny but you don't understand how much verbal abuse dad had put me and mom through, and mom left us without a single glance. Penny, she didn't come to see you in the hospital, not even after I fucking wrote to her. I begged her to go," I tell her glancing at her over my shoulder.

It took me years and Rhett to realize that dad had verbally abused me, I had pushed it away for years and in the last couple of years, I've finally come to terms with it, because of Rhett, again.

"She's still mom," Penny sighs. I lower myself onto the chair and sigh, rubbing my jaw.

"I didn't say I stopped loving her," I tell her. Before Penny could respond Iris walks in, a hand on her growing stomach.

She cringes "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

"You didn't," Penny shakes her head and spins around, "hungry?" My sister asks her.

"I feel like I'm either eating or peeing," she huffs, I glance to the living room to see Rhett on the phone. "I had suggested to Rhett we order in, any ideas?" She asks settling into the chair across me.