33. Sebastian

I don't know if I should be worried that Genevieve hasn't answered any of my texts, it's been a couple of hours and every time I bring out my phone, Dad throws a glare from across the table we are sitting at. I don't care about a stupid rich party or all the other stupid rich people in this awful room. I care about the woman who won't answer my texts. I've called her and they have all gone to voicemail.

I squeeze my phone tightly in my hand and look up, Dad was giving me his classic obey me look as he sips on his water. I shake my head at him and stand up, my chair gliding across the wood. My siblings look up at me as I throw my napkin on the table and storm out of the ballroom. I'm immediately calling Genevieve, again. I groan loudly as I reach her ringtone "Sweetheart answer the fucking phone, please," I beg before hitting end.

"Seb? What's wrong?" A voice asks me, I turn to see Rhett, Penny, and Iris walking towards me.

"I don't know," I confess sighing. My chest feels fucking heavy.

"You're scaring us," Penny confesses and I try to soften my gaze.

I shake my head and let out a heavy sigh, "Genevieve was saying all this stuff earlier and then dad had to come in and pull me away."

"Like what stuff?" Iris asks.

"I don't know stuff! She wasn't sounding like herself, she sounded," I blink at the three in front of me. "Lost, broken, I-I"

Rhett glances at Penny quickly but I don't miss the look "I'm not going to drink if that's what you're worried about," I tell him and he shifts on his feet but nods.

"Maybe her phone is on silent?" Penny suggests.

"Than what the fuck is she doing?" I ask my sister and she sighs.

"I'm sure she's fine, maybe she's at home with Imogen," Iris tries to reassure me. I hold my tongue at snapping at her because one, she's pregnant and two, Rhett will have my head.

"Somethings wrong," I shake my head and run my hand through my hair.

"Oh!" Penny exclaims suddenly, we all turn to her as she rushes forward, I watch as she opens my suit jacket and reaches for her phone, she didn't want to bring a purse with her. "I remembered we share each other's locations, why you two don't is beyond me," she glanced at me.

"Why the hell do you two share locations?" Rhett asks stuffing his hands into his slacks.

"Because I told her I was walking to friends after I was at her place and she wanted to make sure I was okay," My sister shrugs and I immediately thank god for Genevieve.

"She's at the park,"

"Which park?" I groan. Penny frowns and looks at me.

"The one up the street," She tells me and I frown.

"Love Park?" Iris asks and Penny nods. I don't even wait for what my siblings and Iris say because I'm rushing down the velvet-covered stairs and out the door. The winter wind hits me but I don't even care because I'm running up the street. As I turn the corner for Love Park, I find it empty.

I come to a stop and huff, I realize it's snowing but just flurries. And I sigh in relief when I spot a girl standing where the fountain is usually on, staring up at the sky. I know it's Genevieve because her blonde wavy hair is being held by a beanie and her used Doc Martens.

I walk towards her "Genevieve," I call out. She doesn't turn back but I see her shoulders fall. I walk around her and stop right in front of her, "Cindy."

She finally looks at me and my heart breaks, her cheeks are pale beside the small blush on her cheekbones and her nose, her eyes are red from crying. "What's wrong baby?" I ask cupping her cheeks, she immediately begins to cry again and I pull her into my chest.