chapter 33.

Marc Anthonie:

Marc Anthonie:

Did I regret what I had done?

No- not one bit.

Did I plan on killing her?

No- it just sort of happened.

Someone had left the basement door cracked. I suspected a guard who went on a bathroom break and forgot to fully close the door. I didn't care how or why, but in the end, I did a lot of people a huge favor.

Rose was a stain on society, she needed to be removed, and I did just that. I removed her from all of our lives permanently. In my eyes, it was only fair considering she say fit to remove my father from my life for eight years. The people who wanted her dead would be grateful, Rhea would get her money, my father and I would be happy.

We didn't have to worry about her anymore, all thanks to me.

Pulling the trigger was easy. I had no second thoughts, there were no hesitations. I was sure that this was how she was supposed to die, at the hands of her child. It was only fair seeing as she put me through hell for eight years.

Yeah, sure she provided a roof over my head and food for me. I had a good education, I was smart for my age- some would say too smart.

But the bad outweighed the good.

I was dragged all around the globe, being surrounded by sketchy people that she would eventually find a way to screw over, resulting in us running to a new country or city. The things that I saw said shady people do at a young age, were horrid. And on top of that, the lies she had drilled into my head about my father.

It was only fair that I gave her the one-way ticket to hell- at least it was in my opinion.

I sat on the couch patiently as the adults made their way into the living room. A mix of shock and disbelief showed on their faces as they took their unoccupied seats, studying me warily as I sat unaffected by my actions.

Was I supposed to show remorse for killing the woman that would've let me live my life thinking that my father was dead?

I didn't think so either.

Rhea soon entered the room with her father on her heels. Roman made quick work of contacting the people that Rose made enemies out of, alerting them that she was dead. My father walked in a few seconds after Rhea, he placed his hand on the small of her back leading the way to the empty spots next to me.

Rhea took the spot on my right while my dad took the spot on my left. She wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into her side as she pressed a kiss to my forehead.

The room was filled with baffled silence as everyone exchanged looks with each other. It was clear that no one knew what to say about what I had done. Everyone was at a loss for words, waiting for someone to break the silence.