chapter 43.

Rhea Knight

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Rhea Knight

As soon as the plane landed Anthonie ushered us into a that headed for the hospital.

Marc Anthonie was in and out of sleep, still puzzled at why we had to leave our family behind so quickly in the dead of night. We still had yet to explain to him the severity of the situation that we were in. All he knew was that grandpa had an accident and was in a coma.

The driver drove through the roundabout driveway and stopped in front of the entrance of the hospital. Anthonie helped me out of the car first before picking up a sleeping Marc, carrying him as he snuggled his nose in Anthonie's neck.

I rushed throughout the hospital, rubbing my irritated and runny nose as we approached the front desk.

" Roman Salazar," I rushed out before the lady behind the desk could ask.

" Relation?" She smacked on her gum, not bothering to give me a glance as she was more focused on whatever was on her phone than doing the job she was being paid to do.

" I'm his daughter," I gritted out, annoyed at her bored attitude and slow movements to give me the information that I need.

The bitch gave me a dirty look as she slammed her phone onto the desk and put her useless fingers to work.

I craned my neck around, giving Anthonie a look that I was about to smack the flavorless gum out of the bitches mouth if she didn't hurry the fuck up. Anthonie approached me, placing a hand on my back to calm my nerves as Marc clung to his neck.

" He's in the V.I.P suite," she continued her obnoxious smacking and went back to her phone.

I turned on my heels but paused and leaned over the counter. " Give that poor piece of gum a break. If your breath smells that bad then I suggest a visit to the dentist instead. Smacking isn't cute."

Her mouth dropped open in shock as Anthonie grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the front desk, saving her from another insult that was ready to be thrown her way.

Anthonie's booming laughter followed behind us as we marched into the elevator and pressed the button for our floor. He turned to me, holding Marc's neck against his body. " Don't say anything," I warned as I looked straight ahead.

" I wasn't." He assured me.

Long gone was the laughter from moments ago and replacing it was the seriousness of what we were about to face once those elevator doors opened.

Stepping out the elevator, I immediately rushed towards Carmen who was pacing back and forth at the end of the hallway. Kahleen was sitting on the hospital floor when she looked up and noticed me marching, well waddling down the hall.

" Rhea!" She pushed off of the wall.

Carmen stopped her pacing and snapped her head towards me. The both of them took off for me, meeting me in the middle with open arms and tear stained faces.