final a/n + exciting announcement(s)!

thank you so fucking much for giving behind bars a chance

thank you so fucking much for giving behind bars a chance. i am beyond grateful, i genuinely do not know how to express myself. thank you for reading, for voting, for commenting, for recommending. i started this book way back in 2016, forcing a few friends to read it and crying happy tears because i got 300 reads. we've currently surpassed 160K and more and more people are starting to read it. it's insane, it's wild but it's the best feeling ever. i've never had the intention to finish a novel. i don't have the experience, the writing skills or anything, but i did it anyways and for once i can tell myself i am proud.

this book will not have a sequel or spin-off. it truly ends here. it was stressful but also nice while it lasted. i believe i am happy with the ending now and i'd like it to stay like this forever.

but, i am currently working on THREE books. yep, you heard that right.

1) the runaways.
it is currently on hold but you can read the first chapter! it's going to be a short story of about 10 chapters. i'm not 100% certain when i will pick it back up, i don't want to force inspiration.

2) the purge: strangers again.
yes, it is inspired by the purge storyline, but with my own characters and drama. it's going to be the same length as the runaways. when you're reading this, i will have published the extended summary and the character aesthetics and what not, so you can add it to your reading lists. i am writing offline, having the craziest ideas. not entirely sure when i will start publishing.

3) a fantasy book
a world with fairies, creatures and prophecies that have been brewing inside this mind of mine. this is going to be a novel of about 30 chapters. i am working on it offline, my priority is to finish the runaways and the purge first.

if you check my profile, there's also a completed poetry book named lachrymose souvenirs. if that's your kind of thing, i would love to see you there!

if you don't want to miss anything, please consider following me to get a notification every time i announce something.

i hope to see you around.

— lyra black.