17. | taking over mine

A few days after handing in my missing assignments and our visit to the school, Lexi and I finally had some proper time to work on giving my office a make-over

A few days after handing in my missing assignments and our visit to the school, Lexi and I finally had some proper time to work on giving my office a make-over. Though I must say, Lexi voluntarily did most of the work, making me leave the room and do other stuff most of the time.

It took her two days to come to this point, finishing the room off with plants.

"Put the plant right there. No, not there! The other corner, a little more to the left. Damn it, do you know the difference between right and left or do I have to teach you?!" Lexi shrieks hysterically, trying to get the man to put everything exactly how she imagined it. He looks at her slightly wide-eyed and follows her orders like a lost puppy, not even daring to speak up.

"Hey, don't go too hard on him. It's okay, you've done an amazing job and so has he." I reassure in a desperate attempt trying to calm her a bit. The poor man is just doing his job.

"It's just, I want it to be perfect for you." She says.

"It is, everything's exactly how I would wish my personal office would look like." I glance around the room and make a gesture. "I promise, it's perfect."

A corner of her mouth lifts. "For you. I hope this way you can continue being awesome yourself and help people deal with their, well, shit."

I wrap my arm around her shoulders as I drag her with me to the couch in the corner of the room.

"Have I told you you're the best?" I continue to calm her down, letting go of her.

"At least 5 times in the past couple of days." She grins up at me, finally relaxing a bit while she sits. The second the man leaves the room after he finishes, she turns to her left to face me. "By the way, I checked your list with the names on it and may have put Ethan's, as your first client." She smiles innocently at me. "I hope Ethan doesn't kill me for setting you up with a random date so you better tell him I was the one who scheduled him in for an hour."

I laugh at her words. "I wonder if it'll really get him jealous though."

She raises an eyebrow at this, "I'm worrying about him killing me and you're wondering if he'll even get jealous because of it? You're really oblivious to it all, I swear. If you could only see the way you two look at each other."

I chew my bottom lip as I feel a slight heat rise to my cheeks and fidget with a strand of loose hair. We'll see how he reacts.

After chatting about a variety of stuff, Lexi gets up to go back to the hospital wing of the building. As she leaves, I take the time to actually admire the room up close. Getting to my feet, I start walking while dragging my fingers along the wall.

The grey walls have been replaced by a nice shade of beige, instantly giving the room a lighter appearance. The few pieces of art, quotes and pictures adorn a few parts of the walls, creating a nice characteristic atmosphere.