11. | to deserve you

Today, two weeks after the incident, is the day of Ethan's court

Today, two weeks after the incident, is the day of Ethan's court. The day in which they will most likely finally decide on a sentence after him being in prison for three years while his case kept developing.

Several minutes slowly pass while I stare at my reflection in the mirror. Doubting about the way I look, I let out an annoyed sigh as I decide to not change it all for the third time this morning.

I'm wearing a soft beige-colored suit, with a black turtleneck underneath it. I put my brown locks up in a low bun and went with my usual natural make-up look, a slight rosy blush covering my cheeks and nose, bringing a little color to my visibly drained face.

I slowly trace the healed little cut and my slightly vanished bruises on my chin and jaw, which were the result of me falling down onto the ground after getting stabbed.

I let out another frustrated sigh, not because of the fact that I've been through a lot of pain and recovery. It happened and I am doing okay now, considering myself very lucky.

I'm sighing because Ethan is, once again, not so lucky. It completely baffles me how he got blamed, how they're trying to somehow prove that he did this to me while Michael is still strutting around the prison unpunished for what he did.

I tried talking with my father about the matter, but he did not have it, at all. He did not want to hear a word of it and shoved me away whenever I tried to explain it to him.

When he threatened to move Ethan to a prison in another state, I didn't speak about the subject again, silently enduring the remaining days till his court.

What my father, the judge, the jury and even Ethan himself don't know yet, is that Lexi and I have been making a plan of our own during my recovery.

We've gathered evidence which prove that someone tempered with the footage of the camera behind me that day. Cole has helped us out a lot and I can't help but notice that he doesn't only befriend Ethan, he acts like his protective older brother and it's wholesome.

Besides the proof, to everyone's surprise, I will be there to testify. I, one of the alleged victims of Ethan, will be there to tell them that he did not do it. Neither did he threaten me or force me into speaking up for him.

I haven't even prepared what I want to tell everyone in the court room, I'm just going to spontaneously begin and let my genuine appreciation and care for Ethan take it over from me.

"I love this look on you," Lexi's face appears above my shoulder, looking at me through the mirror. "You zoned out again, didn't you?"

"Yeah, " I chuckle guiltily, "I did. Are you sure though? I really want to look... court-like? I don't even know what I'm saying but you get it."

She giggles at this as she grabs a shoulder bag and hands it over to me. "Stop overthinking, please. Ethan's going to be so happy to see you and we're going to succeed helping him out."