NINE

The penthouse was quiet. I mean, it always was, but it was the quiet of no one being here. Tobias took him and Lauren to a private island and I gave Kaleb a break.

So.

It was just me.

Paris was fun. Pierre ended up offering Tobias a contract to endorse his Winery in France. We celebrated afterward by drinking wine all night and partying in French clubs.

Surely, Lauren wasn't happy about us sharing the bed, so Tobias whisked them off to make up for his faults.

I heard the door open and quickly jumped.

"Security!" I yelled.

"Sorry! Please don't yell." The English boy quickly said. "I was dropping off these ideas for Tobias. I'm the marketing executive for the winery. He told me you would've been at work, otherwise, I would've knocked."

"It's okay," I said. "I'm just gonna get dressed."

I hurried upstairs. I was in my nightgown but it was too revealing to wear around the public. I grabbed my robe from my room and hurried downstairs.

"You painted these?"

"Uh, yeah." I smiled.

"I'm surprised Lauren left them up. They are beautiful. Tobias mentioned you paint."

"He did and you know about Lauren?"

"I know about everything. He mentioned how you got paint all over his floor, but same thing." He chuckled. "Where are my manners, I'm Luca Colby."

Luca held out his and I shook it.

"Athena Solana."

"Pleasure to finally meet you in person." He held my hand before placing a kiss on it.

"Pleasure to meet you, Luca."

~

"This is the best sushi I ever tasted," I said while taking a sip of the wine. "I mean, everything just goes so well together."

"Try this one." Luca smiled while using the chopsticks to feed me the piece of sushi.

We were hitting it off, to say the least. Luca had been over at the penthouse for about five hours now. At first, we talked, then we watched a movie, then he called his assistant to bring us food.

"This is from a restaurant that I invested in. They serve the best sushi in New York City."

"I can agree to that. So Luca, down to the nitty-gritty."

"I'm scared."

"Why did you leave England for here?"

"I love America."

"I mean, America is cool, but it has its flaws. If I could, I would move to Europe and never look back. Paris more specifically."

"Why haven't you?" He questioned.

"I have nothing there and everything here. It would be a lonely life by myself in Europe. I just started working for this company and friends and family."

"But you have the money to come and visit when you want. It'll be like living in another state."

"Except it's not. What if I wanted to call my friend or my dad, the time zone sucks."

"I didn't think about that." Luca nodded. "I have a question for you."

"Okay."

"If you had a superpower, what would you want it to be?"