FORTY-NINE

Kelsey sat back down and cleared her throat. I sighed.

"So basically this entire situation is based on a lack of communication." I started. "We both played our parts, but I can't get blamed for you not telling the truth."

She nodded. "I know. I shouldn't have said that."

"You could have followed me out there. You just stood silently and let me think that you were an awful person. You had an ample amount of opportunities." I shook my head. "But you didn't take them. So why?"

She looked away.

"Why let me sit there and think that you hated me?"

"You blocked me on everything."

"You could've sent me a letter in the mail. If you wanted to talk, you would have made a way. So what's the reasoning Kelsey? What's up with you?" I questioned.

She looked down.

"Kelsey, what is it?"

"Because of Athena." She paused while shaking her head. "I love you more than a friend should."

She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"And I know it's not right. I know that you're my best friend and that we are like sisters, but I love you." She huffed. "And I know these feelings won't go away."

She shook her head.

"I care for you so hard and I know that you won't ever feel the same. Maybe leaving our friendship like that wasn't a good idea, but it was an out. It was a protection shield for me. I'd rather you hate me than be disgusted at me for liking you." She softly said.

I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. Kelsey just confessed that she had feelings for me.

"And it was hard for me to come to terms with. Hell, I moved to Los Angeles thinking that it would go away, but it didn't. And when that moment came, I got scared. I got so scared and I let you go." She huffed. "Which was wrong. I shouldn't have blamed you."

"Why didn't you just tell me this? It's would have been a lot easier than what we're going through now." I asked.

"It's hard Athena. I don't even think, I'm, gay, I guess you would say. I just feel different towards you."

"Kels, I love you, but not in that way. I'm sorry."

"No. Don't be sorry. I know. I knew that already but it was eating me up and I couldn't hold it in. I was just so scared that the friendship we built was going to get awkward. I wouldn't have tried anything on you, I just didn't want it to be awkward so I assumed that maybe that was an easy way out." She said.

"You should have given me a chance. Because you had always been there for me, and I wouldn't have made it awkward because I trust what you say."

She nodded.

"I forgive you, but I don't know if I'm able to get passed what happen at this moment. Just give me time to think?" I questioned.

"Of course." She nodded.

We both stood up and I pulled in a hug. She squeezed me tight.

"I'm so sorry, flower."

I nodded and we both released.

My phone buzzed and u looked at the I.D. "I have to take this, but I'll text you."

She nodded. I answered the phone while walking out of the cafe.

"Beverly, everything alright?" I asked while getting into the car. "Anders, could you take me to the penthouse, please?"

"Right away." He nodded.