Banquet and Tzipporah

Iris' POV

"Well, that went well" Moses states as he leans against the statue beside me.

"Just go away" Ramses tells him.

"He's in a fowl mood" I tell Moses.

"Seemed fine when you two were alone" he says with a small smirk. I roll my eyes at him. "Could have been worse" he tells Ramses.

"The weak link in the chain" Ramses says. "That's what he called me" he states. Moses and I sigh as he continues to sew.

"Well, you are rather pathetic" Moses states and I jab him in the ribs. Giving him a pointed look. He just smiles innocently.

"Irresponsible, ignorant of the traditions. He practically accused me of bringing down the dynasty" Ramses states as he looks down at us.

"Yeah, I can see it now. There go the pyramids" Moses laughs and finishes sewing. He heads over to the pouch bowl while Ramses jumps down beside me.

"You can laugh about it!" Ramses demands.

"Statues cracking and toppling over. The Nile drying up. Single-handedly, you will manage to bring the greatest kingdom on Earth to ruin" Moses jokes. As they head for the balcony and I head over to the pouch bowl grabbing it.

"Tell me this, Moses. Tell me this. Why is it that every time you start something, I'm the one who ends up in trouble?" Ramses asks him. Moses drops the bag and ducks out of sight as we hear two people yell. Sounded like Huy and Hotep.

"Ah! Rameses! You're in trouble, young man!" Hotep shouts. Yep I was right.

"Rameses, get down here! I think you owe us an apology" Huy shouts.

"Oh, my new thing! I am so upset!" Hotep whines. Ramses looks around and spots me with the pouch bowl. I offer it to him as Moses stands up.

"You might as well" he tells him smirking.

"Besides, it's getting heavy" I tell him. Ramses smirks taking the bowl from me. As Hotep and Huy continue to complain down below. Ramses dumps the pouch on Hotep and Huy. All three of us laugh as we leave the balcony. Ramses in the middle of Moses and I.

"Hey. I figured it out. You know what your problem is, Ramses?" Moses asks him.

"What?" Ramses asks him.

"You care to much" Moses tells him.

"And your problem is, you don't care at all" Ramses states spinning Moses wig. I giggle.

"Oh, in that case, I suppose you care a lot more than I do that we're late for the banquet, for example" Moses says as he fixes his wig.

"Oh no, I'm supposed to be there" I state and lift my dress slightly running off. As other servants appear to help the princes get ready as they run behind me. I get there before them and go over to the Queen. I bow. "Sorry I'm late your highness, your sons should be here shortly" I assure her.

"Thank you Iris, please go get yourself a drink. You look parched" she tells me. I bow and go get myself a drink. As the Pharaoh address the crowd making Ramses prince regent. He'd now be responsible for overseeing all the temples being built.

As I enjoy my drink. The princes appear and the queen hugs them. Before pushing Ramses towards Seti as Moses stays beside her. Ramses thanks his father for the new position and Moses approaches them. "My Lord Pharaoh. I propose that the high priests offer tribute to their new regent" he suggests. I smile trying not to laugh.

"An excellent idea. Hotep! Huy!" Seti calls. The two priests mutter to each other before Huy left to go get something. I wonder what they'll offer Ramses? A golden chalice maybe? Or a horse?

"By the power of Ra, we present for your delegation and delight, an exotic apparition stolen from a faraway land" Hotep says and smoke appears. It disappears to reveal a beautiful young Midian woman on a camel. Her wrists bound as Huy holds the rope.

"We offer you this delicate desert flower" Huy says pulling her from the camel. I grit my teeth.  Ramses approaches them.

"Let us inspect this desert flower" he says holding his hand out to her. She chomps at his hand and misses. "More like a desert cobra" he states.

"Not much of a snake charmer, are you?" Moses asks with a laugh.

"That's why I give her to you" Ramses states pushing him towards the girl. Have they no respect for women? She's not a toy they can just throw away. She's a living person.

"No, that's generous, but..." Moses tries to protest.

"I won't be given to anyone. Especially an arrogant, pampered palace brat!" the girl exclaim. Glaring at both princes.

"Are you going to let her talk to you like that?" Ramses asks Moses with a chuckle.

"You will show the proper respect for a Prince of Egypt" Moses tells her.

"But I am showing you all the respect you deserve. None!" she exclaims pulling the rope from Huy's hands. It cracks like a whip.

"No. Wait! Be still!" Moses shouts and dives for the rope. Grabbing it.

"Untie this rope! I demand you set me free!" she shouts.

"Be still" he tells her.

"Let go!" she shouts and he smirks. I notice the fountain.

"As you wish" he tells her. He lets go of the rope, then falling backwards in the water, then the crowd laugh. I rush over and help her stand.

"Are you alright?" I ask her concerned.

"Iris!" Ramses calls and I look up at him. "Have her dried off, and sent to Prince Moses' chambers" he tells me. I look at Queen Tuya and she nods her head. I bow mine and lead the girl from the room.

"I'm so sorry about that" I tell her.

"A little never hurt anyone" she tells me. "Iris is a lovely name" she tells me.

"My mother named me, it was her favourite flower" I tell her. "What is your name?" I ask once we reach Moses' chamber.

"Tzipporah, how long have you worked here?" she asks me.

"Since I was sixteen, my father is a palace guard" I tell her. I help her dry off. "You have about thirty minutes before Moses gets here, there are sheets in that cupboard" I state nodding to it.

"You're helping me?" she asks me surprised.

"Us girls have to stick together" I tell her with a smile. I whistle and Moses' two dogs appear. "I shall take these two for a walk, good luck. I hope you return home safely" I tell her before leaving. Personally I never really liked dogs, I'm more of a cat person. As I walk the dogs I think of my cousins I have not seen them in a while. I promise myself to see them tomorrow night.

Once I walked the dogs I returned them to Moses' chambers. Before going to the queen's and knock. "Enter" she says and I do so. "Uh Iris, how is the Midian girl? Is she alright?" she asks me.

"She is fine" I assure her as I help her get ready for bed. "Will there be anything else?" I ask her. She shakes her head and demises me. I bow and left return to my room. I got ready for bed and called it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Tzipporah.