Nine Years Later

Iris' POV

Tuya is still alive, but has been getting depressed. Ramses and I decided tonight we'd announce our engagement. Still nothing of Moses. The search party has returned and all of Egypt knows to alert us. If they hear anything about Moses.

"How are you feeling about tonight?" Ramses asks me as we relax by the water.

"A little nervous, but mostly excited" I tell him honestly. "I can't wait to see your mother's reaction" I add smiling up at him.

"Same, I hope it gets her to open up more" he states.

"I'm sure she will, she'll want to start planning our wedding straight away" I state. "Along with the Henna night also" I add.

"Nothing to wild though, right?" he asks me.

"Just dancing" I assure him. "We should get going, we don't want to be late for our own engagement party" I tell him. He smiles and gets up offering me his hand. I take it and he pulls me to my feet.

We head to the banquet hall where everyone is waiting. "Thank you all for coming this evening" Ramses says. "My princess and I have an announcement" he tells the crowd.

"I know you have all been wondering, when Ramses and I would finally marry. Well your wait is over" I tell them smiling brightly.

"I proposed to Princess Iris this afternoon and she said yes" Ramses states. The crowd cheers. Tuya smiles at us and walks over. Pulling us both into a tight hug.

"Congratulations" she tells us. "We have to start planning straight away" she states.

"We will" I assure her.

"Lord Ramses, when will the wedding be?" Hotep asks. Ramses looks at me.

"Three months should be enough time to plan it" Ramses states.

"Sounds perfect my love" I tell him smiling. "Now, tonight is our engagement party. So please enjoy yourselves" I tell the crowd.

Dad approaches us. As Ramses talks to his mother. "Congratulations, my darling daughter" he tells me. Smiling proudly.

"Thanks dad, I was wondering. Would you walk me down the aisle?" I ask him.

"Of course I will, your mother would be so proud of you" he tells me. I smile sadly. "What's wrong dear?" he asks me tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"I wish she was here. Along with my cousins and aunt. But my mum and aunt are dead. Two of my cousins are slaves walking on the temples. And Moses is still missing" I state.

"They'll always be with you, in here" he tells me pointing at my heart.

"Thanks dad" I say with a smile.

"There's that smile" he says with a smile of his own. "I have to talk to the Pharaoh, you enjoy your engagement party" he tells me. Before leaving and is replaced by Tuya.

"You are going to make a beautiful bride" she tells me.

"I'm sure not as beautiful as you were" I tell her. "Will you help me get ready on my wedding day?" I ask her.

"Of course I will" she tells me. "I wish Seti was here to witness Ramses' wedding" she adds.

"He is, in our hearts" I assure her. "Now I promised Ramses, nothing crazy for my Henna night. Just dancing" I state.

"We can do whatever you want for your night" she assures me.

"Even go see my cousin?" I ask hopeful.

"Of course, but remember it's girls only" she reminds me.

"I know, I'll send her a private message. We'll do it a couple nights before the wedding day" I state. "But you are going to need a new outfit" I state.

"Of course" she says.

"I'll take measurements tomorrow and start making it. As we discuss wedding details" I tell her.

"I can have a seamstress make something" she tells me.

"You forget my mother was a seamstress, besides it'll help keep my calm" I tell her. "Besides we need to blend in on m Henna night, not stand out" I state. "Just trust me" I tell her.

"I do trust you and I can think of no one else better for Ramses" she tells me. With nothing but honesty in her eyes.

"That means a lot my queen" I tell her.

"How many times must I ask you to call me Tuya?" she asks me.

"Sorry, old habitats die hard I guess" I say sheepishly.

"You'll be an amazing queen. You've studied under me for nine years, you are more then ready" she tells me.

"I'm glad you think so" I tell her. "I'm more nervous about becoming Queen of Egypt, then marrying Ramses" I state.

"You'll be fine, you will have Ramses to help you" she states.

"I'd feel better if I had you there also" I tell her.

"I know, but I just can't go on. It's been nearly ten years since he died. I may not show it, but I'm dying inside. With Moses and Seti gone" she tells me. "But I will always be in your heart and Ramses" she reminds me.

"Lets focus on the wedding" I tell her and she agrees. Ramses joins and we all discuss the wedding preparations. It was a fun night.