Moses Leaves

Iris' POV

We arrived at the temple. I spot Miriam with Aaron and smile. Ramses offers me his hand and helps me off of Moses' chariot. We then walked to the observation area. Where Ramses places the plans down. "Last night, the gods granted me a vision. I'm not merely going to restore this temple, I will make it more grand, more splendid than any other one in Egypt" he announces.

"I'm sure it will be" I assure him as we are shielded from the sun.

"Get up!" I hear a guard shout and try to block out. There was nothing I could do.

"Moses! Look. Fate has turned our little misadventure into a great opportunity" Ramses tells him proudly.

"I'm sure your father will be most pleased" I tell him.

"This is just the beginning. A gateway will open to an entire new city of white limestone, more dazzling than the sun. And here, a statue of Hapi" he tells me pointing to the plans.

"I said hurry!" I hear the same guard shout.

"Sounds beautiful" I say with a small smile. "What else?" I ask him.

"Two great column halls" he tells me proudly. I soon hear my cousins shouting and I finally can't ignore it anymore. I look over to see an old man being beaten by a guard with a whip. "Iris?" Ramses says concerned noticing I was no longer listening to him.

"Stop it! Leave that man alone!" Moses shouts as he rushes up the stairs over to the guard and old man.

"Moses!" Ramses and I shout. a Guard falls off of the platform. I gasp covering my mouth in shock. No way he survived that fall. "Out of my way. Out of my way. Move! Who did this?" he demands. While wrapping a comforting arm around me.

"Up there! It's him. Up there!" a guard shouts pointing to Moses. Who is on the platform above. Where the man had fallen from.

"Moses!" Miriam and I shout. As he starts to run away.

"Iris, with me" Ramses says and pulls me over to his chariot. We get on and he takes off after Moses. We meet him at the city gate and Ramses blocks his way. "Moses, what's going on?" he asks.

"Moses!" I shout grabbing his arm.

"Let me go!" he shouts shoving me away. I gasp shocked and would of fallen. If not for Ramses, who caught me in his arms.

"Moses, Iris is your friend!" Ramses snaps.

"You saw what happened. I just killed a man" Moses tells us.

"It was an accident" I tell him as I straighten up.

"We can take care of that. I will make it so it never happened" Ramses assures him.

"Nothing either you can say can change what I've done" Moses tells us. As he starts to walk away. Ramses runs in front of him placing his hands on Moses' shoulders.

"I am Egypt, the morning and the evening star. If I say day is night, it will be written, and you will be what I say you are. I say you are innocent" Ramses tells him firmly.

"What you say does not matter. You don't understand. I can't stay here any longer" Moses tells us.

"Moses..." Ramses and I go to protest.

"No! All I've ever known to be true is a lie. I'm not who you think I am" Moses tells Ramses sadly.

"What are you talking about?" Ramses asks him confused.

"Go ask the man I once called Father" Moses tells him. He continues to walk away.

"Moses, please don't go" I plead.

"Good-bye brother, cousin" Moses says before heading into the desert. Ramses shouts his name continuously. While I silently wept. Soon Moses disappears in the horizon.

"Do you know what he was talking about?" Ramses asks me. "Why did he call you cousin?" he asks me confused.

"It's not my place" I tell him avoiding his eyes.

"Iris, please tell me" he pleads.

"I can't, your mother the queen ordered me to tell no one" I tell him. "Only she or the pharaoh can tell you the truth" I state.

"Then lets return to the palace, I need to see father" he tells me. He gets onto the chariot and holds a hand out to me. I accept it and he pulls me onto the chariot in front of him. He takes us back to the palace. I left him to search for his father and go to the courtyard. Where Queen Tuya was with two hand maidens.

"Iris, I thought you were out with Moses and Ramses" she says confused.

"There was an accident" I tell her.

"Please leave us" she tells the other hand maidens. They bow and left us. "What happened?" she asks me as we sit on the steps.

"An old Hebrew man was being whipped mercilessly by a guard at the temple. Moses intervened and tripped. Pushing the guard off of the platform killing him" I explain.

"Oh dear, is Moses ok?" she asks me concerned.

"I don't know, he was so scared my queen. He ran, Ramses and I tried to stop him. But he wouldn't listen to us and ran into the desert. After telling Ramses that his life was a lie and to ask the pharaoh for the truth" I explain as I tear up again. She pulls me into her arms as she to cries.

"I must go see Ramses" she tells me after awhile. "Today is your day off, please rest" she tells me. I bow my head and she left. I go to the library wanting to get lost in some scrolls.

A/N

Ramses with his plans and picture on the external link of Moses' leaving.