Truth and Invite

Iris' POV

I felt that Moses needed me and got up. I got dressed and searched for him. I found in the court yard where the river is. Where he was found by the queen. I watched her leave and approached him slowly. "Moses" I say warily.

"Iris" he says sounding sad and confused.

"Moses, what's wrong?" I ask him concerned as I sit beside him.

"I just found out that my life is a lie" he tells me. I freeze shocked. He knows he is Hebrew.

"How did you find out?" I ask him curious.

"The Midain woman escaped and I followed her to he well. Two people gave her water. A man and woman. The woman claimed they were my brother and sister. I didn't believe them and was going to punish her. When she sang a lullaby that was familiar" he tells me.

"I came back and went to my room. I was greeted by my dogs. Speaking over, did you walk them?" he asks me.

"Yes, they were restless" I tell him. "Then what happened?" I ask him.

"I had a nightmare of the guards throwing baby Hebrews into the river to be eaten by crocodiles. I woke and found the painting of it. The Pharaoh found me. He said the Hebrews grew too numerous. They might have risen against him. That sometimes for the greater good, sacrifices must be made" he explains.

"He didn't have to kill them" I tell him. "He killed innocent babies" I state.

"I just spoke to the queen, she said the gods chose to spare me. That they both see me as a son and love me" he states.

"They do, but Moses did the two Hebrews say anything else?" I ask him.

"That I have a cousin who works in the palace" he states.

"I'm her Moses" I tell him.

"Why did you never tell me?" he asks me hurt.

"The queen forbade it, said I'd never be able to see you again if I told anyone. I love you like a little brother and always have. And always will" I tell him.

"I need to be alone" he tells me.

"Of course" I say and left him. I was walking back to my room when I hear someone call my name. I turn to see Ramses and bow. "My prince" I say.

"None of that, I was looking for you and Moses" he tells me excitedly.

"Why?" I ask him curious.

"I had a dream, a vision from the gods" he tells me proudly. "I'm going to the temple tomorrow with new plans and over see construction. I want you and Moses to come along" he states.

"I don't know, I work for the queen" I remind him.

"I spoke to mother and she said you deserve a day off. So will you come?" he asks me hopeful.

"Of course" I say with a small smile. I'd be able to see Miriam and Aaron. Though I wouldn't be able to talk to them. "Moses is in the court yard up ahead" I tell him.

"What's he doing there?" he asks.

"Thinking, he could use a distraction" I tell him.

"I'll go tell him about tomorrow. You should go to bed and sleep. It'll be a long day tomorrow" he tells me.

"Of course" I say. "Good night my prince" I add.

"Just Ramses in private" he tells me with a smile before leaving. I returned to my room. I changed clothes again and called it a night.

(Court yard) Third Persons POV

"Hey Moses!" Ramses exclaims startling Moses. "Iris said you were here. Anyway I need your help tomorrow at the temple" he tells him.

"What? Why?" Moses asks him confused.

"Did you forget that I made you royal chief architect?" Ramses asks him amused. "Iris will be there also, as she has the day off" he adds.

"Of course, I'll be there" Moses tells him reluctantly. He wanted to be alone to think. But maybe this will be good for him, give him a distraction.

"Great, we'll take the chariots and will leave once you've gone over the new plans with me. Good night brother" Ramses said before leaving.

"Good night Ramses" Moses says looking at the water. He sighs and gets up. He goes to his room calling it a night.

(Next morning) Iris' POV

I ate with the other hand maidens before going in search for the princes. Hoping they hadn't left yet. I find them in a study looking at building plans. "Morning princes" I say.

"Call us by our names in private Iris" Ramses tells me not looking up from the plans.

"I think they're ready" Moses tells him.

"Agreed" Ramses says rolling them up. "Are you ready Iris?" he asks me.

"Yes, how are we getting to the temple?" I ask curious.

"Chariots, you can ride with me" Moses tells me.

"My horses are faster" Ramses states.

"Yesterdays race proves you wrong" Moses tells him.

"I won that race" Ramses retorts.

"Boys no need to fight" I tell them. "I'll ride with Moses there and Ramses on the way back" I state. They both agree and we go to the stables. Where the chariots and horses were waiting for us. "I've never ridden in a chariot before" I say nervously.

"You'll be fine" Moses assures me. "Get in and hold on tight. I'll stand behind you" he states. I nod my head and did as instructed. Gripping the chariot tightly as Moses grabs the reins. Once he and Ramses were ready we set off. Not racing, thank god.