Leaving Egypt

Ramses' POV

I sit with my dead son moaning the lose of him and his mother. "Pharaoh!" a timid voice calls.

"Leave me!" I say firmly not looking up.

"But, I can't find the queen and she is late for her appointment" the voice says. Ramses frowns in confusion. He looks up to see the midwife.

"What appointment?" he asks her.

"She hasn't told you yet?" she asks shocked.

"Told me what?!" I demand as I stand up.

"She's pregnant my pharaoh, with your second child" she tells me. "She was due for her third appointment today. Where is she?" she asks. I look away from her and looks at my dead son. Suddenly I become filled with rage. Moses took my wife, son and now unborn child from me. He'll pay for all of this and Iris will return to my side. Where she belongs, even if I have to look her in our chambers for the rest of our lives together.

Iris' POV

We have been traveling for many days. But everyone is in good spirits. Singing and dancing. Celebrating their freedom. Mariam and Tzipporah have been making sure I get enough to eat. For me and my growing baby. Tzipporah has even been letting me ride her camel when my feet start to hurt.

"Na-chi-tah v'-chas-d'-cha am zu ga-al-ta! A-shi-ra, a-shi-ra! A-shi-ra!" the children sing loudly and I smile. If only Amun was here, he never had friends his age. He'd love this.

"There can be miracles when you believe! Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill" the Hebrews sing.

"It's hard to kill" Mariam sings.

"Who knows what miracles you can achieve" the Hebrews sing.

"You can achieve" I sing.

"When you believe, somehow you will. Now you will. You will when you believe" the Hebrews sing.

"When you believe" we all sing together.

"You will when you" Mariam sings.

"You will" Tzipporah sings.

"Believe" the three of us sing together linking arms. We all smile at each other and twirl. Laughing in joy. I soon hear waves.

"What's that sound?" I ask and look to Moses who is at the head of the group. He had just reached the top of a hill and stops. We walk over and see water for as far as the eye can see on the horizon.

"I've heard of this, it's the sea" Tzipporah states.

"I think this would be a good place to rest" Mariam states.

"Agreed, we have traveled many days. The others are exhausted" Aaron states.

"Then we'll spend the night here, spread the word" Moses instructs. We do so and I go other to the water. I step into it and sigh happily at the cool water. As it soothes my aching feet. "Are you ok Iris?" he asks me.

"I'm fine" I mutter as I look at the horizon as the sun sets.

"Did Ramses know? About the baby?" he asks me curious.

"No, I never told him. And I'm glad I didn't, otherwise he would of let me go" I state. "Moses I know you were only doing god's will. But why didn't you warn me about Amun's death?" I ask him.

"I wanted to, but Ramses forbade me from seeing you" he states. "I am truly sorry for Amun's death. He was your son" he tells me.

"I'm so angry Moses, at you and Ramses. Had he just done as you asked, my son wouldn't be dead. But his stubbornness and pride got our son killed. And you did nothing to stop it. Or to prepare me for it" I tell him.

"Can you ever forgive me?" he asks me hopeful.

"Maybe in time, but I will never forget" I tell him. "I am tired, I am going to go rest" I state and walk away from him. I go grab a bed roll and unroll it. Before laying down and let sleep take me.

(Time skip)

We were all having breakfast the following morning. When we hear the sound of a trumpet. "No" I say and look at the top of the hill. To see Ramses leading the army glaring down at us. We all get to our feet. We race to the waters edge.

When the clouds darken. Thunder is heard, as fire shoots the ground. Blocking Ramses and the armies path to us. Moses enters the water with his staff and slams it into the ground. The water shoots up into the sky. Creating a path. Aaron enters it and smiles back at us all.

We all follow him into the path between the two walls of water. I look at the creatures swimming around us in awe. As it becomes dark, we lit our torches. We continue down the path. I soon hear a shout behind us and look back noticing figures enter the path. "Their coming!" I shout.

"Look! The shore!" a man shouts. We take off running for it. I hear waves crushing behind us as the water wall starts to collapse.

"Hurry!" I shout as the first Hebrews reach the shore. They help the others up. We all make it. But Ramses and his army are swept away. Everyone murmur and chatter happily. Hugging the children, then touch the sand. Men then hugging the women. Moses hugs Tzipporah, then Aaron hugs him. As Miriam hugs Tzipporah, then Miriam hugs Moses. I hug them all as well.

Moses looks back at the water. "Good-bye, brother" he says sadly.

"Good bye, Ramses. I'll take good care of our child" I state. Before looking at the people as they begin to celebrate.

"A-shi-ra l'a-don-ai. Ki ga-oh ga-ah! A-shi-ra l'a-don-ai. Ki ga-oh ga-ah" they all sing. Tzipporah walks over to Moses and I.

"Look. Look at your people, Moses" she tells him. We do so smiling. "They are free" she states.

"Na-chi-tah v'-chas-d'-cha. Am zu ga-al-ta. A-shi-ra, a-shi-ra! A-shi-ra!" they all sing. We then continue our journey. We soon find a land filled with honey and milk. Deciding to make it our new home. Just in time to, my baby will be arriving soon.

A/N

Picture above of the Hebrews and picture on the external link of Ramses. Video above of the song When You Believe.