First Nine Plagues

Iris' POV

"Ramses, what would be so wrong with letting the Hebrews go?" I ask. It's the day after Moses return and we're riding on a boat along the Nile. To relax. Though we have guards, our son, Huy and Hotep with us. Along with a couple of servants.

"Not you to Iris" he groans.

"Ramses, don't forget I am part Hebrew and so is our son. Would you have us suffer as they do?" I ask him.

"You both are Egyptian" he says stubbornly. "Besides you are the Queen of Egypt and vowed to stand by my side" he reminds me.

"Until the gods separate us" I state. "Please, just think about it. You promised me once the last temple was done you'd let them go. What's the harm in doing so now? Our people can finish the temple" I tell him.

"I will hear no more of this Iris" he tells me firmly. "This is our family day out, lets enjoy it. For Amun" he states. I agree reluctantly and go sit by our son who is looking at the water.

"Having fun?" I ask him.

"Yes, are you and dad ok?" he asks me. "Who was that man?" he asks curious.

"Your father and I are fine. Just having a minor disagreement. That man is Moses, he is your uncle" I tell him. "Once this matter is settled, I'll introduce you to him properly" I assure him. He smiles and hugs me.

"I love you mum" he tells me.

"And I love you my darling son" I tell him.

"When will you tell dad?" he asks me.

"Soon" I promise him.

"Rameses! Let my people go!" Moses shouts from the shore. As he walks along it following us.

"Still gnawing away at that bone, are we?" Ramses asks with a laugh. I give him a displeased look. "Carry on" he tells the man steering the boat.

"You cannot keep ignoring us" Moses tells him firmly. Why do I have a feeling that a war is about to start?

"Enough! I will hear no more of this Hebrew nonsense. Bring him to me" Ramses tells the guards.

"Ramses" I say shocked as the three guards jump into the waters. Swords drawn as they approach Moses.

"Moses!" Tzipporah shouts scared for him.

"No!" Aaron shouts holding her back. I notice Mariam with them also. Along with some other Hebrews. Moses enters the water with his staff. He holds the staff placing it in the water. The water turns into blood before our very eyes. Heading away from Moses.

"Father, mother" Amun says scared and I look at the red substances on his hand.

"Amun!" I shout pulling away from the edge of the boat.

"Blood! Blood! Oh, blood!" the guards shout scared. They race back for the boat, knocking each over. I look from Moses to Ramses.

"Hotep! Huy! Explain this to me!" Ramses demands looking at the priests.

"Ah!" Hotep says.

"Rest assured, Your Majesty" Huy tells him.

"Uh, yes, we were going to demonstrate the superior might of our gods. Uh..." Hotep says grabbing a bowl of clear water. "By the power of Ra!" he says dropping a red powder into the water and it turns red as blood. He offers it to Ramses to exam. Ramses puts his hand in the bowl and takes it out chuckling.

"Abandon this futile mission, Moses. I've indulged you long enough. This must now be finished" Ramses tells him. We continue on down the river and I go over to Ramses. "Not a word Iris" he tells me.

"But Ramses..." I try to protest.

"Silence" he tells me firmly. I look at him hurt. What is happening to the man I love? What will happen next?

 I was right. A war had started, between Ramses and Moses. First there was the frogs, thousands of them. It was my hand maiden who noticed them first as she had gone to fetch water. Then there were flies, everywhere. Then the livestock died. Followed by a hail storm, that started fires everywhere. Then a plague of locusts ravaged Egypt, killing all our crops.

Just when we thought things couldn't get worst. A plague of boils affected the Egyptian people. Just the Egyptians. The Hebrews were left unscathed by the plagues. Though Ramses took his anger out on them. Giving them very little food and water. Making them work longer hours.

I've tried to talk to him. To get him to see sense and put a stop to this madness. But he wouldn't listen. I still haven't told him about the baby either. Amun is so scared and I am so worried about him. I've tried to teach him Hebrew traditions about their god. But his father and the priest fill his head with lies. I fear soon he will suffer for his father's crimes.

Right now it's pitch black outside. I had just checked on Amun and saw him sleeping soundly. I go to the river court yard. I sit down on the steps stroking my stomach. "Iris!" a man's voice says and I look around confused. Suddenly a bright light appears in front of me.

"Are you God?" I ask shocked.

"Yes" he says and I kneel before him in my prayer position.

"Please, I beg you stop this madness. Ramses will let the Hebrews go, I swear it" I plead as tears fill my eyes.

"You worry for your son and that of your unborn child" he says. "I promise your son will find peace and will no longer be scared. Your unborn child will live a long, happy life. You need only have faith in me" he tells me.

"I do have faith, always have and always will" I assure him.

"Thank you my child" he says. "Before I leave, your marriage to Ramses is annulled. By my power, so shall it me" he state and the light disappears. I sigh sadly and decide to call it a night. Not knowing that Moses had visited and seen Ramses & my son. Or about the plague that would hit tonight.

A/N

Pictures above of the plagues and video above of the plagues.