chapter 4

Buck wakes up at 1 am to cesiah yelling for him. Buck rushes out of bed before he could fully comprehend what was happening.

He opens her bedroom door and sees his daughter sitting him with teary eyes.

"Daddy" the 2 year old whimpers.

Buck rushes over to her bed. "hey pumpkin what's wrong you have a scary dream?" buck ask his daughter while wiping her tears away.

Cesiah nods while buck hugs her

"Do you want to go sleep in my bed" buck whispers in her ear

"Yes" the 2 year old says, grabbing her blanket.

"Okay let's go" buck tells his daughter as they stand up.

As they are halfway to bucks room cesiah asks for a drink. They go to the kitchen buck pours cesiah some milk in a sippy cup then they make their way back upstairs to bucks room.

They cuddle and end up watching frozen. Cesiah didn't fall asleep till 2 am. Buck fell asleep soon after hoping he won't be tired tomorrow for shift.

Buck wakes up to his alarm going off. He sleepily turns it off and finds cesiah still asleep next to him. He lays there and looks at her wishing he could stay like this all day but he can't because he has a shift.

His first shift after the new year. He plans on telling the 118 about cesiah which buck is extremely nervous for but he knows eddie has his back.

Buck gets up and gets himself and cesiah ready. They leave on time. He drops off cesiah at day care than makes a coffee run because he is exhausted from last night.

He walks into the locker room where eddie is putting a shirt on. Buck takes a quick glance and hurrys and looks away fast enough for eddie not to notice.

Eddie looks at buck and notices how tired he looks. "Ruff night?" the older man asks

Buck looks over at eddie while he opens his locker "cesiah woke up in the middle of the night because of a nightmare and didn't fall back asleep for like two hours"

"Is she okay?" eddie asks the blonde

Buck smiles "yeah she's fine at daycare and over being sick"

Eddie smiles "that's good"

Buck closes his locker and walks towards eddie scratching the back of his neck "um by the way i'm telling them today about cesiah i think it's time they find out with whatever is going on with maddie ad chimney he shouldn't think she's maddies daughter and i'm getting tired of keeping it from them"

Eddie nods "okay so do you plan on telling them now or later"

"When everyone's here" buck tells the older man.

Eddie puts his hand on bucks shoulder "okay let's go up i have your back"

They leave the locker room heading up stairs.

They get up stairs to bobby making breakfast and chim and hen talking

Hen looks at buck "long night?" she asks looking at him suspiciously

Buck half smiles "uh yeah"

Chimney sits up from where he is sitting "why did you rush out the other night"

Buck glances at eddie than to chimney "umm there's actually something i've been meaning to tell you guys"

"Okay what is it" bobby looks up from where he is cooking then the bells go off.

Buck sighs, having a feeling this will be a long shift.

Walking back to the truck after getting hit on by a few girls on a call with a girl getting her head stuck in a tailpipe. "So is christopher really the reason why you don't date" shoulders brushing as they walk