chapter 9

Buck wakes up to a knock at the door. Today is eddies ceremony the day he officially is a firefighter and is done with his probation period but buck wasn't expecting anyone and neither was eddie.

Buck rubs his eyes and grabs his crutches than heads It has been a hard few days leg is still in some pain but he has been trying not to make it such a big deal but eddie has noticed.

Eddie rushes down the stairs from getting christopher ready " I got it"

"It's fine i got it go take care of christopher" buck says tiredness still in his voice.

"Okay" eddie sighs and heads back up the stairs to christophers room.

Buck goes and answers the door. It's eddies parents, buck gets confused on why they would be here right before eddie has to head into work.

"Hey mr and mrs diaz" buck said confused but trying to hide it. He's seen them only twice since they've been here and what eddie has told him they have rude and pushy

Helena smiles "oh please like we said ramon and helena is fine"

Buck gives a half smile trying to be nice "okay"

" We are here to talk to eddie" Helena says, hand gripping her purse.

Buck opens the door more, letting them in and heading into the kitchen and calling for eddie. Since the living room looks a bit messy with buck sleeping there he doesn't want them seeing it.

Eddie comes down the stairs cesiah in his arms. "Here buck she wants her hair done" eddie says coming into the kitchen before spotting his parents.

He stops dead in his tracks when he does "mom, dad what are you doing here" eddie says confused, putting cesiah down.

"We came to talk" ramon says with no facial expression

Eddie looks buck tha back at his parents "umm okay'

Buck looks down at cesiah "come on pumpkin lets go do your hair on the couch"

"Okay" the 3 year old says running into the living room and buck following her.

Eddie crosses his arms "what do we need to talk about?"

"you and christopher need to come home" helena tells her son

Eddie furrowed his brows "what back to el paso?"

"Yes eddie" his mother says with a sharp tone.

"Why would i go back there" eddie asks confused

"Because that's where your family is edmundo" ramon says anger in his tone

"i have a family here" eddie says now anger in his voice

"christopher needs to be back with people he knows and family" helena says

chris and i have a family here and the people christopher knows best is here not in texas" eddie says now with a raised voice

"eddie don't keep dragging him down with you" helena says with anger

"we're back to that. I'm not dragging him down with me he has buck and cesiah whois practically his sister he is doing great here and likes his school and i'm just finishing my probation at he 118"

"What, so you want to play house with some man and his kid you haven't even known that long?" helena says, gesturing her arms.

Buck quickly finishes cesiahs hair hearing eddie and his parents in the kitchen "hey can you go up stairs and play in your room please" he asks his daughter