chapter 7

Buck opens his eyes and the first thing he feels is the pain on his leg. He notices a teenage boy holding something in his hand then he goes unconscious again.

The next thing he remembers is bobby trying to talk the boy down then eddie holding his hand and the firetruck getting lifted off his leg.

Hen and chimney rush to check him out and get him on the gurnee eddie not letting his hand go once.

"Eddie are you coming with" hen says before loading buck into the ambo.

Eddie nods.

They get buck into the ambo and start rushing to the hospital.

Buck starts going unconscious.

"Eddie talk to him keep him wake" hen tells the brunette

Eddie squeezes an injured bucks hand "hey stay with me okay" he says with teary eyes.

" it it hurts eddie" buck mutters.

Eddie brings his free hand to bucks head and rest it on his hair "i know but hold on for me okay and cesiah and christopher. They wouldn't like it if something happened to you we are almost there just little bit longer"

Buck blinks trying to stay awake thinking of the kids "okay".

They get to the hospital and rush buck into surgery

Eddie,hen and chimney sit in the waiting room when bobby and athena come rushing in.

"How is he?" bobby asked in a clear panic in his voice.

Eddie adjust himself in the hard hospital chair "they rushed him into surgery but haven't they haven't updated us yet" eddie says clearly exhausted "maddie is on her way and i called nicole and told her it's better to probably keep cesiah at home"

"He's a fighter, he'll be fine" athena says, trying to be hopeful .

Maddie shows up and they spend a few hours waiting when a doctor finally comes out.

"Family of evan buckley" the doctor says.

Maddie and eddie stand up "i'm his sister" maddie tells him

"And you" he says directing towards eddie

"I'm" before he can finish maddie interrupts "his partner you can tell him"

The doctor sighs "okay evans surgery went well we had to put in a titanium rod and screws but given the circumstances he is lucky and it's too soon to tell but a few months of physical therapy and he should be okay"

Maddie and eddie both sigh. "Can we see him?" eddie asks

"He's still waking up but you both can go see him" the doctor tells the two.

Eddie and maddie look back at the team.

"Go see your boy" athena tells them.

They both nod and the doctor shows him bucks room.

They get to his room and maddie rushes to his left side grabbing his hand and eddie standing at the other.

Maddie grips his hand "oh evan thank god you're okay"

Eddie stands by his side in silence not saying anything, just happy he didn't have to go home and tell his son he lost his buck.

They sit in the hospital room waiting for buck to wake up eddie gripping his coffee cup when he remembers what maddie told the doctor.

"Um, why did you tell the doctor I was his partner" eddie asks, confused.

"Um, so he would tell you what happened. They have these strict rules that they can only tell family" maddie says, looking at the younger man.