ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʟʙᴇʀᴛ ʙʟʏᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʀ ᴀɴɴᴇ sʜɪʀʟᴇʏ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

Hiding my bruises from my dad and everyone in school was quite difficult but not impossible. It took at least two weeks for the bruises to start loosing their color.

Saoirse obviously saw right through me the day after the incident. She basically forced me into telling her what had happened after I left the diner and she instantly felt horrible for not giving me a drive home.

She would apologize daily anytime she saw me wince in pain or saw a bruise of mine. And I would constantly tell her that it's fine but obviously that didn't work.

And although I told Saoirse about my incident that night, I didn't tell her the other half.

The half where I got all hot and heavy with Blake but it ended soon after because the asshole moaned out some other girls name again.

I mean, Saoirse knows the whole 'why I hate Blake Denvers' story. But I just feel like telling her what happened between us that night makes it real. And i'm really trying to convince myself that that half of the story is just part of my imagination.

But thankfully today is a new day, and to make matters even better today is tryouts day!

I squeal in my bed remembering how excited I am about tryouts today. I tried to convince Saoirse about attending volleyball tryouts today, but of course she declined. Her excuse being: I'm not athletic person Anna. Which I kinda get.

Saoirse is a really bad athlete.

"Annaleah your friend is here!" My dad yells from the kitchen.

"Coming!" I yell and grab my school bag, tryout bag and some books and head downstairs.

"See you tonight dad." I say quickly giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and grabbing an apple from the counter.

"Good luck today sweetheart!" He says and I smile giving him a thanks nod. I close the front door behind me and wave at Saoirse who's in the backseat of her grandfather's truck.

"Morning Mr. Walsh." I greet Saoirse's grandfather as I close the door.

"Good morning Anna." He smiles and drives off to school. "What has gotten you all smily and excited?"

I laugh nervously and fiddle with my fingers. "Today are the volleyball tryouts for the school's volleyball team and i'm really excited about it."

"Oh, are you trying out for the team?"

"Obviously she's trying out Poppy, if she weren't she wouldn't be this excited for them." Saoirse says sarcastically.

Her grandfather laughs and sighs. "I remember when I saw your Nana trying out for some team back in the day. The day I saw her trying out was the day I knew she was the love of my life." Saoirse grandfather says with a strong brightness in his eyes.

"Really? What team did she tryout for Poppy?"

"The chess team." Her grandfather says proudly and Saoirse and I laugh.

"Laugh all you want, but the moment I saw your Nana move that first chess piece I knew she moved my heart as well."

"Awww." Saoirse and I said at the same time. Her grandfather laughs and stops right in front of the school.