ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ

🪐 Annaleah 🪐

"So... Did you?" Saoirse asks dumbfounded and I place Christopher's bag on the floor.

"Did I what?" I ask and begin to take out formula, baby bottle, baby foods, yogurt ect.

Dang this baby has a lot of shit in his bag.

"Steal the baby?" Will asks and I turn around to face everyone. I take a quick scan around the room and everyone is wondering the same thing.

Including the parents.

These people really think i'm capable of stealing a damn baby??

And even if I was capable— which i'm not— I wouldn't bring the child to a room filled with witnesses. I'd run away with it as far away as possible.

Please don't be alarmed.. I would never do that.

I give a little laugh and place Chris on the floor and hand him a toy. "You all really think I stole a child??" I ask and everyone begins to look at themselves questioning me.

"I mean... I don't think you're capable but never say never." Will says and I laugh.

"I did not steal the child. Blake's mom handed him to me while she checks up on Blake." I say and the room goes silent.

Too silent.

I turn around and stare at everyone. Saoirse is just as confused as I am and looks at Will confused. "Why is everyone so quiet all of a sudden?" Saoirse asks and looks between Will and his parents.

I look at Noen and catch Noen's parents looking at Noen and Will's parents.

I open up Chris's baby food and take out a spoon. "Can everyone stop acting like we're in a funeral home right now and tell me what the hell is this silence all about?" I ask and everyone eyes are on me now.

I place myself on the ground 'criss cross applesauce' style and pull Chris towards me to feed him. "Did you just say that Blake's mom gave you that baby?" Will's mom asks. And I nod.

"Yeah... Why?"

"When did Eliza arrive to town?" Will's mom asks Noen's mom and she shrugs. "I thought she didn't want anything to do with Blake after the whole... You know who incident." Noen's mom says and I stiffen.

Noen's mom looks at me and kneels down to my height and stares oddly at the baby. I look at her with furrowed eyebrows and look towards Noen. He simply looks down to his shoes and messes up his hair.

Evangeline—Noen's mom— gets back on her feet and straightens her skirt and shirt shaking her head no. "That can't be Eliza's kid. He looks nothing like her." She admits and looks between Will's parents and her husband.

"Not to be rude or anything," I say and pick up Chris to clean his mouth with baby wipes. "But you are all acting weird and it's making me uncomfortable, so can you please fill me in all the details." I say and the parents look between themselves.

Nathalia—Will's mom— sighs deeply and turns her body towards me. "I won't tell you the whole story but i'll fill you in some gaps so you girls don't feel left out." She says and looks between me and Saoirse. Sole nods and I nod as well.