twelve

the jingles of the bell charm when I walk through the old book store, seeing snady on a seat trying to reach the top shelf

my heart shifts.
"here-sandy get down."
i say helping her down, I climb up my long arms make it easy for me to reach the crate of books.
"thank you may, you came in the Nick of time."
she said, I smile-
"fuck I'm so close-Timmy I'm so close-"
"may?"
"Hmm?"
i snap out of my day dream, my body is burning, my legs ache from being fucked so hard like an hour ago.

"oh yes, I actually stopped and got a tea for you too."
i said placing the crate by my side pulling out the delivery cup.

"greatly appreciated."
she said taking a sip.
"so, what's on the agenda today mrs pots."
i say.

"well, the shop is being shut down."
I spit my coffee off out of my mouth.
"may!"
Sandy yells.
"I'm sorry back track-"
i say.
"I want to love the store closer to my granddaughter, Patricia, she's a beautiful girl really, expect her parents, my son, are terrible, she's left alone half the time-"

Holy shit pattie, I completely forgot about our encounter.
"small world."
i say.
"pardon dear?"
i shake my head letting her continue.
"Anyway, yes we're moving."
"right- well am I fired or?"
"don't be daft love, of course not. I'm just moving from this old place."
she said.
i nod.
"wow, how long have you been stationed here?"
i ask.
"since 1967. my parents died, my mothers love for books was strong so was mine, she have it too me in her will. So it is quite sad."
she said reminiscing.
"so much history."
i say.
"Sandy?"
we both turn seeing a man by the shop door holding a big box.
"oh Darrow!"
Sandy claps leaving me by the counter, she waddles over to the door opening it for The grey haired man.
"gday, you're may right?"
i smile shaking his hand.
"and you're Australian?"
i ask.
"nah, we'll yeah, but nah."
i smiled.
"Darrow was born in the NYC but he moved to Australia when he was 20 lived there ever since, until now of course."
i nodded.
"that's crazy, I've only been to Australia twice, I loved it each time."
Darrow nodded.
"anyway, business awaits, it was nice meeting you may, and of course a pleasure seeing you again Sandy, the apple of my eye."
He says kissing Sandy's hand.

my eyes widen, smirking.
Darrow leaves and Sandy starts to open the box.
"wow Sandy, I see you have an admirer."
I say watching her rip the box open.
"what? I didn't order this bullshit!"
she says, I'm surprised by her language.
"Darrow wait!"
but he's gone.
i take a peak in the box, I take a big laugh seeing Timothèe plastered on the front of my magazine.
"what's got you laughing?"
Sandy asks.
"oh, nothing really, I just know him."
i say gesturing too the magazine.
"what him?"
I nod.
"but it says here-wait a moment."
she plants her glasses on her nose picking the magazine up.
"Worlds best dressed man- oh you've got to be kidding me, worlds best dressed man is George harrison, may he rest in paradise."
i chuckle.
"you're right."
i say smiling thinking of George.

"how do you know him?"
she asks.
"Fuck you're so tight may-"

i smirk Timmy's voice in the back of my mind.
"I actually went to high school with him.l
i said.
"wow, what a funny story, I once knew a woman who had a daughter that saw jimmy Hendrix once, crazy right?"
i smile warm heartedly.

when the door swings open, seeing a man I hadn't seen before, holding a massive bouquet of Lillie's.

"Umm, a man gave these to me, said I'm supposed to give them too may?"
he says.

my mouth drops open.
"he remembered?"

"may? Why are you crying?"
Timmy asked.
"it's my grandma, she-she uh died, last night."
i sob, Timothèe grabs me tightly holding me In his arms.
"tell me about her."
he said.
"she used to look after me, when my parents were gone, like every day, but she stopped when she got really sick, it was terrible, I used to skip school and sit by her hospital bed, for hours, reading to her, deep down I believed she loved it, her favourite flower were Lillie's, which is ironic because her name is lily, so I'd bring them to her everytime, I hated them, until she died, I think they're now my favourite flower ever."
Timothèe plants a kiss on my head.
"I bet, whenever there is a lily in your presence she's looking over you."

"miss?"
my eyes open, I hadn't thought of my grandma in so long.
i take them my hands a little wobbly.
That sad romantic.
"may? Sweetheart are you alright?"
she asks.

i look up at Sandy nodding.
"looks like you've got a secret admirer."
i smile sniffling, looking down at Timothèes face plastered on front of the magazine.
"you really did it this time."
i mumble.

i smell the Lillie's, smiling a whole door unlocks of my childhood.

"mum?! Mum?"
i yell panting, I run into their room, it's 7am and I woke up and the house is empty, I stay calm, they probably just went out. i made breakfast, ate it alone, I did some drawings, I did them alone, I brushed my teeth by myself, I got the mail, waited by the door, I fell asleep on the front porch, when I felt a foot lightly kick me.
"may?"
"Mum?!"
i say sleepily wiping the sleeo from my eyes.
"what on earth are you doing out here?"
she asked. I got up.
"you're 6 years old you shouldn't be sleeping on the front porch!"
she growls grabbing me by the back of my shirt dragging me inside.
"where were you?!"
i yell.
"you're a mess! Who dressed you this morning?! Oh and Jesus the kitchen! What happened!"
she yelled.
"I-"
"you're a mistake that's what you are!"
i pouted my lip running to my room, the window was wide open wind gusting through my small room.
the next day I woke up to the smell of pancakes, smiling I ran to the kitchen.
"Mu-"
"Granny?"
i said confused.
she turned smiling,
"good morning dear, look I picked fresh lilies for the kitchen table, be a sweetheart and grab me a vase?"
I smiled doing what she said.
-

"the lilies are beautiful."
Sandy said
i snapped out of my day dream.
"they are aren't they."
i mumbled.
"oh look at that, your shift ended 30 minutes ago, you can pack up love."
Sandy says.
i nod grabbing my jacket, and waving goodbye to Sandy, I need to find Timothèe.

i run out bookstore.
"looking for someone?"
i turn seeing he's standing outside the shop.
i smile running up to him, smashing my lips onto his, dropping the lilies on the seat, I grab the back of his head deepening the kiss, he slips his tongue in my mouth his hands wander to my hips pushing me against his body.

"thank you for the flowers timmy."
i pant out.
"you're welcome june."
he said hands firmly grabbing my waist.
"I missed you."
He said.
"you were inside of me 4 hours ago?"
i say, he laughed.
"that's that bluntness I missed."
he chuckled kissing my cheek twice then kissing my neck then my lips.

"let's go, wanna get something to eat?"