Chapter 3

She clutched onto the white sheets of the bed. Beads of sweat emerged into streams down her forehead.

"Please, don't, please," she pleaded incoherently through her gritted teeth. Her entire body was exhausted, her chest heaving up and down tumultuously.

She woke up with a pulsating headache, weird nausea and a bloating stomach. Resting her back on the headrest, she emotionlessly stared at the wall, so unlikely for an actress.

She had no idea how to react, what to show, what not to. She was strangled in between the two worlds- the real world where she faked herself, the other world that was real too, no matter how much she wanted it to be fake.

She stared and stared at the wall till tears gleamed in the white moonlight and streamed down her face. She did not bother to wipe them off, feeling the water down her cheeks. Closing her eyes, she embraced the dark she carried.

He on the other hand sat in front of his computer screen, a search list on his notepad and copying down whatever he finds noteworthy.

It was three in the morning and his eyes had bags underneath them, indicating the weight he carried.

"Oh yes, snacks for a pregnant woman," he mumbled as he typed.

He stretched himself once looking at the notes he had prepared, revising them thoroughly as a kid outside his examination hall.

It was morning in no time and neither of them had their share of sleep. Both are ready to leave for their respective works.

"Breakfast?" He asked as he placed two plates of omelette on the dining table. She subtly ignored his question along with his presence as he proceeded on opening the door.

"Oh my God? Jimin?" She surprisingly asked.

Jungkook sprang up from his seat towards the entrance to see his wife smiling and greeting the silver-haired man. He felt genuinely happy that she at least smiled, the smile he adores a lot. But also, weirdly jealous that the smile wasn't intended for him.

"Hyung? Good morning!" He greeted his elder and the latter nodded, not giving him much attention.

"How come a busy man is at my house?" She cocked a brow at him.

'did she say my home?' he thought and subconsciously smiled.

"Thought that maybe I can give you a ride." He chuckled, his loving eyes portraying nothing but care, so different than what he gives Jungkook.

"Aww someone cares about me?" She mocked.

"Whatever! You want to come or not?" He rolled his eyes.

"Obviously. You think I would waste my diesel if someone is offering me a ride?" She chuckled as both of them took their leave, completely ignoring the presence of the third person who was pained to an extent his facial expressions weren't capable of expressing.

•••

"Are you fine?" Jimin asked as he was driving and she nodded in return.

"Haru! You can be real with me, I know how good of an actress you are but it's no use acting here. It won't get you an award," he chided.

She gulped, "I'm trying."

He inhaled sharply, "just know that I am there whenever you need me."

She nodded again, biting her inner cheeks. It pained Jimin how the earlier so dynamic girl has turned into a mime.

FLASHBACK

"Oh my God, Chim! You're an idiot! How can you just fall off a chair just idly sitting," she rolled on the couch laughing hysterically watching their interview video for the thousandth time.