Chapter 28

The three people were standing outside of Mia's house. Yoona had no words she could be saying to Haru to make her a little comfortable and she admired the way Haru was holding herself up.

All of a sudden, their eyes landed on the man who was coming from the parking.

"Jungkook?" Jimin called out.

He was wearing a sleek black shirt, paired with a black pants. He could have looked like a model on a runway but his face bore nothing but exhaust. His eyes were slightly drooping and bore bluish bags beneath them. His condition seemed deplorable.

Haru was herself perplexed watching him, they all never expected him to be there. While Yoona was still abashed at how she should be reacting, she added, "I thought you weren't coming."

"I just came to pick up Haru, we have a parental visit tomorrow," he said, rubbing his temples.

Haru smiled very lightly, it was a very unreasonable response. It's no trouble to be a day late for the visit.

"Now that you're here, pay a visit..." She said gesturing him to go inside, he nodded.

He walked inside and saw Mia as one of the attendants. As her eyes fell upon him, they drowned in tears but she had no words that she could say. He paid his reverence to the dead and walked out without conversing with her.

"Let's go Haru," Jungkook said urgently and she nodded in response.

They walked back towards the parking till a voice stopped, "wait Jungkook!"

They turned around towards Mia who approached them. This was the point, everyone hated her. All relations she had built in the span of years, she had lost them and now she had absolutely no one on her side. Also the guilt heaved upon her made it difficult to breathe, she was suffocated by her own presence.

She approached them, taking large steps towards them while they were appalled.

"Haru, Jungkook," tears smeared the outlines of her face. Her eyes were already puffy and her frail body seemed lifeless.

Clasping her hands together, she looked down, "forgive me. I beseech you... Forgive me. Talk to me please."

Haru was instantly emotion stricken, she had known her for a long time. But the person who knew her for longer grew even paler, he just could not take it. He hated her so bad but she was her best friend! No matter how much he tried he can never fully hate her but he can't forgive her even. The dilemma was painful.

She suddenly dropped on her knees making the couple to take a step backwards. Her hands still as if begging for mercy, "sue me, do whatever, just talk to me. It's worse than death. Please," she cried.

Haru kneeled down too, taking her shoulders in her hands. She knew that Mia needed support. After the demise of her only family, she only had her friends.

"I know you weren't in your senses Mia. I would not say it's okay because it was not. But... I forgive you Mia." She said taking everyone by stupefaction.

Mia looked up, her forest green eyes that were wandering in the bloody white sheets as if shone ever so lightly with a speck of hope. In a flash, she hugged her. Haru's eyes landed on Yoona and the blinked in reassurance.

And what she never expected was, she felt lighter. As if something was off, one thing less to be worried about. Carrying a grudge does amount to alot of weight.

"Thank you Haru. Thank you. I don't know what to say. I am so thankful," she cried and they parted. Haru looked upto Jungkook but the latter looked away. He was not ready to just forgive her.

"I'm waiting for you in the car," he said emotionlessly and made strides with an angry gait.

Haru sighed lightly, "Take care Mia. I need to go. By the way, Chim and unnie are staying."

Mia looked back with grateful eyes towards the older couple while they just nodded.

She got up and followed Jungkook's steps leading to the car. He was already in the driver's seat and as he saw her approaching, he wiped off the tears staining his cheeks, but she noticed. How can the grief of someone we love go unnoticed?

She sat in the driver's seat, buckling her seat belt when he started the engine without any exchange of words. She was feeling uncomfortable in the car, a deadly backache and the emotional stress was not helping.

But as her eyes laid on Jungkook, she was even more disturbed. He looked sick, his cherry red lips as if sucked out of any tint and moisture leaving them blue and chapped. Not to mention his tired eyes.

"Are you not feeling okay?" He asked when he noticed her persistent stare. His voice was weak and seemed shrill. This is was it.

"Stop the car," she said.

"Are you unwell?"

"You are!" She insisted.

"What?"

"Stop!" She repeated and he complied, pulling over in the side lane of the highway.

She placed the back of her hand on his cheek and he felt his skin burn under her slight touch.

"You're practically burning Jungkook!"

How does she know? He thought.

"You've got a high fever dammit!"

Oh. Wait what?

She unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the car door. He was confounded and just watched her actions. She stopped midway, "what are you looking at? Get off. I'll drive."

"What? No-"

"I wasn't asking."

He pouted. He didn't wanted her to drive when she is pregnant but he couldn't deny her either. And the thing was, he didn't want to endanger them by driving and they cannot stop here in the middle of the highway.

They swapped positions and Haru was now on the driver's seat and Jungkook by her side.

"I don't want you to drive," he added lowly.

"I am just driving to the nearest hotel," she added as she started the car. She was an intelligent woman indeed.