Chapter 23

"I'm sorry Mia. You were always my best friend but she, she is the love of my life and honestly, no woman in this world could take her place in my life," he said, loud and clear.

"Kook, you fell for her and I don't even have to ask you if it's true because it is obvious even when she treats you like shit. I see the way you look at her, it sends a shiver down my spine.

I realize it now, you can't make people love you even if you try. Even if you be the best you can ever be. But it hurts me, it's killing me. They told me you were gone and I screamed. I wailed, I cried and I screamed. As loud as I could. I halfway hoped that if you could hear me screaming, you would turn around and come back to me. But you never saw me!" She cried miserably. Everyone's eyes were bloodshot, they never knew their friend was aching this much.

Jungkook went towards her and embraced her. She too wrapped her arms around him, tightly.

"Thank you for loving me Mia but I am sorry I only love Haru. She is the only one for me," he mumbled.

"Even when she is killing you inside?" Mia questioned.

Haru's tears broke free any impediment her welling eyes could provide, flooding her cheeks with salty waters.

Jimin's fists clenched knowing that Mia perceived Haru so wrong, all because of Jungkook while Yoona was dumbfounded.

"That's the thing," he smiled a little, "if she wants to dance, I'll let her ruin the furniture. If she wants to cook, I'll let her burn the entire house. I never thought I would love someone to the point it can kill me. But her. She can get me by my throat, and I would be grateful for her touch."

Haru gulped, she was forced to experience all the emotions at once. She didn't want to, it hurt her. It was killing her. But, she just can't manage to leave.

"Do you love me this much?" Jimin whispered in Yoona's ear.

"No!" She whispered back making her boyfriend frown.

"I would never let anyone destroy me. Not even you," she whispered instigating a broad smile on his face.

"Smart woman!" He complimented.

"I did so much for you Kook. You remember the time you were not selected in the auditions. Who was there for you? She wasn't even there," she said through his shirt.

"That was because she was the one who went and filled my application for BigHit, it was the last day. If she hadn't, I wouldn't be here today. I am always grateful to you. She may not be so expressive about her feelings but was always there for me too. You know it, Mia. You know it better than anyone else."

"I know and it's giving me nothing but pain. I just wanted you in the bluntest of ways. I... I can't believe the extents I have gone to be with you but you still chose her. You were supposed to choose me, goddammit! I have loved you since fourth grade. Even before you met Haru through Chim. I was living my life blissfully imagining that one I'll propose and you come to me running telling me you fell for her. Why Kook? Why?" She questioned to which he had no reply. He hugged her tighter to stop the torrent of her tears but it was just increasing each minute.

"Kook, I became a criminal for you. I administered Aphrodisiacs-"

He quickly parted holding her tightly by the shoulders, his dampened eyes gave a sharp call, "you did what?"

She winced in pain, "Kook, leave me, it's hurting." Everyone was beyond shocked by this time. Haru's hand went to her mouth on realisation.

"When? How? Tell me goddammit!" He yelled making her flinch.

She was trembling as she answered in a shuddering voice, "The night you came to drink with me cause you had a fight with Haru over a movie scene. But all you did was push me away and-"

Her speech halted as he pushed her away all over again. "You!" He said through gritted teeth. And yelled not knowing what he should do.

Jimin took an outrageous step forward till Yoona held him back. She knew nothing but he complied anyway.

"You say you love me? You ruined my entire life, Mia!" He broke down. Anger was running through his entire body making it stiff and numb to any emotions. His jaw clenched and his nostrils flared, taking her by the collar of her white shirt.

Yoona was quick to run for her rescue looking at his angry determined eyes.

"Kook leave her," she insisted.

Haru could take no longer, she rushed towards the car and left. Mia was helpless in his grip. Tears ran down her cheeks at the epiphany and guilt, but more on the fact that he doesn't love her. Not even as a friend now.

"No Noona, she ruined my entire life. Because of her Haru is suffering so much. She says she loves me, huh? Say this to the judge now. I will press charges against you, Mia. I'll destroy your life as much as you destroyed mine. I swear-"

"She is hurting Kook, leave her collar," Yoona emphasized to which he had to comply. He yelled yet again making Yoona flinch and Mia clutch onto her ears. He pulled back a fist, only for it to land on the wall beside her causing his knuckles to bleed.

"Jungkook," Mia mumbled, trying to take his hand in hers but he just yanked off her grip harshly. He turned around and started to leave, stopping in his tracks once to look back at her, "you get the reason why I love her and not you? I hate you Mia. I hate you," he said.

Mia could not take the heartbreak, crumbling down on the floor. Yoona kneeled beside her watching Jungkook leave in haste.

Jimin too came up to them, flashed Mia a disgusted look and left behind him.

"He... He hates me unnie," she stuttered, looking at the floor.

"He has the right to Mia. You did wrong."

•••