Chapter 32

"Come on guys, you absolutely have to," the senior insisted, taking Haru's hands in hers.

"I really respect you manager but I cannot. I don't like such parties," she responded with a nervous smile.

"Jungkook, persuade your wife. It's a party in her honour. She got to be there. There will be so many directors and scriptwriters, it's beneficial for her career," she said.

"I cannot force her into something she is not willing ma'am-"

"Come on Haru, Chim and me will be there too," Yoona interrupted Jungkook.

Haru looked at Jungkook for a response but such dependence and her aberrant behaviour was too abstruse for him.

"I'll accompany you if you wanna go," he said and it somehow assuaged her reluctance.

"Okay then. If you insist," she smiled at the senior who hugged her in trance.

•••

She just sat on one of the chairs beside Jungkook while people around them were dancing and enjoying themselves and it chafed her.

"You wanna eat something? Are you comfortable?" He asked.

"I don't particularly like the loud music," she decried, "it's deleterious for the baby too."

"Okay then, we would just stay here for some time and then leave quickly."

She nodded. "How is life, Jungkook?"

"Hm?" He asked moving a little with the music.

"I have nothing to do. And it's been some time since we last conversed. So, how are you doing?"

He was dumbfounded. "I am fine. How are you?"

It was like they were talking to each other for the first time. The same awkwardness, the same nervousness.

"I am trying to be fine. Jungkook, I wanna say something to you."

"You may."

"Oh guys, we've got such singers here. Why don't we get benefitted from it?" The announcer abruptly said through the mic.

"Jungkook shi, Jimin shi," he cooed, "we've got two singers from BTS!!"

The callow crowd howled like no tomorrow.

Haru looked towards Jungkook in bewilderment while he himself was not ready for such attention.

"Jimin! Jungkook! Jimin! Jungkook!" The crowd cheered.

Jimin was the party light, he was already a bit drunk and swaying on the music beats so, it took him no time to willingly accept the offer. As he took the mic, the crowd cheered.

He went ahead and stood right in front of Yoona, staring straight into her eyes.

"I found a love, for me. Oh, darling just dive right in. And follow my lead," he sang in a mellifluous voice. He lent a hand to her and she took it with alacrity. He leads her to the dance floor in a slow dance.

"Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me. 'Cause, we were just kids when we fell in love. Not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time."

The people were mesmerized by his dexterity.

"But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own. And in your eyes, you're holding mine. Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight." He pecked her lips softly as an end making everyone go bonkers over the sensual performance.

"They sure are bold," Haru passed.

"Cent per cent sure," Jungkook responded with wide eyes.

"Jungkook shi, we are waiting for you," Haru's manager prompted.

"You'll be going?" Haru asked.

"I... Heck."

"You are shy, aren't you? Believe me, everything will be fine once you have that mic in your hands," she smiled, stirring confidence in him.

He got up and inhaled once, refraining any eye contact with the crowd.

He took the acoustic guitar and sat on the barstool.

He struck the guitar strings and the room went silent wanting to hear his dulcet voice.

"There goes my heart beating,
'Cause you are the reason..." He sang and the mere voice ringing in Haru's ears sent goosebumps. He maintained a lethal eye contact with her and the audience fell away, it seemed as if it was just her and him.

"I'm losing my sleep, please come back now.
And there goes my mind racing, and you are the reason that I'm still breathing, I'm hopeless now..."

He took a huge intake of air before hitting the right note, not only of the song but also of the emotions, "I'd climb every mountain And swim every ocean. Just to be with you and fix what I've broken. Oh, 'cause I need you to see..."

"That you are the reason." The sombre guitar strings stopped flickering and his voice that echoed was no more than a whisper feathering everyone's ear.

Jimin clapped all of a sudden, encouraging everyone to give in as the crowd broke into applauding the young talent. He smiled at her but she could not process what emotion she should be letting out.

He kept down the guitar and walked up to Haru again, "shall we leave?" He asked and she nodded.

The car ride was silent, they both were sitting in the passenger seat. None of them dared to meet each other's befuddled set of feelings.

The car stopped at their house. Jungkook paced out quickly and opened the door on Haru's side, lending her a hand to assist.

To his very delight, she took his gesture. She was so exhausted and wanted support anyhow, being in the same gown for hours with the baby bump. She sure bore a lot.

They both still, slept in different rooms with an unwarranted euphoria lingering in their hearts. A sense of warmth. A sense of love. Love is warmth.

•••

(A/N: My exam got postponed. I don't even know if I should be happy or sad! 🥲)