Chapter 18

Jungkook strolled blissfully back into the house, skipping steps as if everything was suddenly bright. Almost blinding.

As he stepped into his room, the illusionary bubble of euphoria popped in front of his eyes. He saw Haru packing her clothes, ready to shift back to the guest room. His smile dropped examining her quick movements almost as if she was desperate to go back.

"You are shifting back?" He asked with caution.

Her movements halted as she once glanced at him and nodded.

"Why? I mean the room is no longer as it used to be. Everything is transformed, literally everything-"

"Not everything," she interrupted.

"What's not? Tell me. Tell me and I will change it." He insisted.

She chained her bags and glanced at him briefly, ready to move out. Once murmuring, "You." She walked past him emotionlessly, but on the interior she was aggrieved and as usual, she was skilfully hiding it.

"I am changed too Haru. I am too," he whispered looking at the empty four walls.

•••

"What are you actually doing?" He questioned watching Haru peeping through her binoculars, both of them sitting in the far end of the stadium.

"I'm trying to perceive the progress," she said, her one hand in the pack of potato chips and the other holding the binoculars.

"Literally why not use your phone?" He questioned making her look at him. He took out his phone, zooming towards Yoona and Jimin sitting on the other side of the stadium.

The kiss cam flashed on the couple - Jimin and Yoona and the crowd went crazy. Firstly, kiss cam was obviously a fun activity and secondly, the people in focus were celebrities. They were visible on the display boards as the camera stopped on them.

Both the concerned were flushed, their cheeks in a darker shade of red. Jimin glanced at Yoona once and gulped before looking back at the camera and waving his hands in the air in denial. The crowd booed in frustration leaving the couple embarrassed.

Haru cursed under her breath, taking a large chunk of chips and thrusting them into her mouth to which Jungkook laughed. This was utterly endearing in his eyes.

The camera stopped three to four times at them but they responded similarly and each time Haru heaved a frustrated sigh.

It was the fifth time when the camera stopped at Jimin and Yoona and the crowd already started booing as if they knew the result.

Jimin as every time glanced at Yoona, who was perplexed at the frequency. He cursed under his breath and smashed his lips upon hers. Her eyes widened, but she slowly let herself drift in the sweet and passionate kiss. He pulled back, the crowd cheering violently, some were even standing on their benches in awe. He blushed furiously and looked away and so did she. But, the most joyous one was Haru who finally grinned at the scene.

Jungkook too was taken aback and appreciated the elder's courage while doing such an act in public till an older man approached them once the match ended. He furrowed his brows as he was not known to them and they were in the VIP section, masks on.

Haru looked back at the new acquaintance and gave him a broad smile. She took out some money from her purse and slipped it in his hands, once saying, "thank you, good sir!"

It instantly clicked Jungkook that she actually bribed the cameraman. Once the man left, Jungkook glanced at Haru who was basking in the glory of her success.