Chapter 39

She gently placed the sleeping child in her arms in the cradle making sure she did not disturb it. She looked at Jungkook who was fondly looking at her, admiring her gentle care.

"Why did you stick by me?" She asked as a pure mumble with swollen eyes and messy hair.

"Huh?" He was perplexed at the abrupt questioning.

"Why?"

"Because I don't know anything else to do. You are the only purpose in my life, when I think of why I live, its for you." He tried explaining his love and thought that he failed in doing so but his words ignited a spark in her eyes she thought she had long lost.

"I thought you would give up on us," she lowly passed, tracing circles on the cradle.

"Never."

He looked back at her and their eyes met again, "Koo, do you think we can start over?" She said and his eyes widened. The euphoria the words expressed was so much unanticipated and inexpressible. His eyes softened as tears gleamed in his eyes, reflecting her own silhouette.

"I... I would absolutely love to," he said, biting his lower lip in an attempt to tuck in his tears.

She smiled mildly, love streamed through her veins and no matter how much she tried to deny it, she had fallen all over again for the same man. Her own eyes were now watery. She noticed his glance at her lips till he looked back again.

"Would you like to?" He asked.

"More than anything," she replied. He took the cue and connected their lips and it felt like praying- such dedication, such reverence. She had never been so lost in a kiss before. She tastes him and realises that she was starving.

His heart kept missing beats, he was not able to pull her closer, as the soft sweet kiss was accompanied by both of theirs tears that streamed down as evidence of picking back on life. Their lips quivered but they didn't let go of the lip lock, as if clinging onto the hope that makes them live and burns them alive.

Maybe it lasted a minute, or maybe an hour. All they knew was that kiss and how soft their skin was when brushed with their own.

They rested their foreheads against each other, breathing heavily, tears streaming down their cheeks and eyes closed.

He placed his hands on either side of her face making her look at him.

"I love you, I always will," he said, not louder than a whisper.

"I love you too," she said and he was overwhelmed. Peppering her entire face with small butterfly kisses, he grinned wide.

"Kiss me," she said and it took him no more to pull her into a deep and passionate kiss. He furrowed his brows as he devoured her hot cavern and she entangled her fingers in his midnight black locks.

They parted, as the sound of their child crying made them to. They unanimously looked towards the cradle then towards each other and broke into a fist of heartwarming giggles.

He went ahead, cradling the newborn in his arms and swaying him in an attempt to calm him down while she glanced at him fondly.

"I love you for always, Jungkook," she whispered to the air.

•••

It has been four months after the dilevery of their first child. They both were still finding comfort in each other, trying their best not to let the past hinder their present. But they were still haunted by it, they didn't knew when to touch, when to kiss, when to hug.

Their intimacy commenced with a kiss and ended up in cuddling. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable and that was somewhere reasonable. It was something that bothered them but they couldn't really help.