1.4 Fateful Encounter

WARNING: Disturbing content, non-con

"I'll scream," I said in the best stern tone I could muster up. I was terrified out of my wits right now, but I knew I couldn't show it. Something told me that Atticus would only get a kick out of it.

"Then I guess I'll just need to pull out the gag," Atticus said as he reached his hand underneath his bed to grab what I assume is the gag.

"S-So I take it that this is what you did to Stefan's previous caregiver."

"Her and the other female servants, yes." Atticus paused his fishing around for a second as to think of something. "They all seemed to have an extremely low pain tolerance. So, it's no fun when they become broken straight away."

I wanted to attack him right then and there, but I knew I was no match for him. I'd have to find another way out.

As I contemplated my options, Atticus released a disappointed sigh. "It's such a shame though. You have an amazing body; it would be a waste to ruin it with these tools."

As I turned my head to his outstretched arm, I saw what looked like a tool belt filled with all kinds of weapons. From knives to chisels everything was enough to make me want to squirm away in fear.

As Atticus stared at my chest, his hand hovered above it as if he was fighting an inner battle with himself. "It's strange though. Something about you is different from the others," Atticus mumbled to himself. "I want you to..."

Before Atticus could finish his sentence, he released an audible groan in pain. "NNGH!!!"

As I slowly trailed my eyes towards his outstretched hand once more, I saw that the tool belt was no longer there. Instead, there was Stefan who was biting Atticus' hand.

Good boy, I thought to myself.

Once Atticus released me so he could cup his hand in pain, I felt a strong sense of relief as I picked Stefan up from the ground and held him lovingly.

"YOU—" As Atticus tried to reach for me, Stefan snarled in response, causing Atticus to slowly redraw his hand. "God, I hate you."

No more than a minute later, Mr, Grigori and Johnathan returned with a look of relief on their faces.

"Was he hiding under your bed again, Atticus?"

Atticus clicked his tongue as he moved further away from me and Stefan. "Yeaaahhh..." he said in a drawn-out voice as he made his way towards his father's side.

"I really think he wants me dead, father," Atticus said in a voice that was seeking sympathy. "He bit my hand this time."

As soon as Atticus told his father this, Mr Grigori's face grew with alarm. "Uh, Johnathan let's get this looked at, at once!"

Sensing that I was going to be left alone once more, I called out to Mr Grigori. "W-What should I do now, Mr Grigori?"

Without looking back Mr Grigori ushered both Atticus and Johnathan out of the room. "I believe it's almost time for Stefan's lunch. Feel free to use the kitchen."

Uuuu... it would've helped if you showed me where the kitchen was first. But now that everyone's gone, I'll have to figure this out myself.

As I looked down at Stefan I was met with glistening amber eyes. "Do you know where the kitchen is?" Sadly, all I was met with was a firm shake as he nestled his head into my breast.

Great... Mr Grigori really wasn't kidding when he said Stefan was a mute. Finding the kitchen is probably going to take a while in that case...

As I strolled down the endless corridors with Stefan in hand, it felt as if I was going around in circles.

"C'mon this is your house," I said in a tired voice. "You have to know where the kitchen is! At least try to guide me towards it!"

Stefan didn't budge, all he did was stare at me blankly in the face. I can already tell that Stefan is going to be a hard to deal with.

"Ahem, excuse me." A voice called out from behind. I almost jumped when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. "Are you looking for the kitchen?"

Once I turned around to properly face the individual, I was met with a handsome boy my age. He had dreamy dark eyes and his shoulder-length brown hair was wrapped into a messy side bun.

Once I felt my cheeks start to heat up, I shook my head. "Ah, uh... yeah." I gave the boy an awkward smile as I tried to play off my embarrassment. "I'm kind of new here so I don't know where anything is yet..."

"That's fine, I actually work in the kitchen. I'm headed back there right now so you can follow me." The boy said with a natural charming smile.

As I followed him through the castle, I felt like I was on cloud nine. I rarely got to interact with boys I found cute. If Bennett found out he'd...

"Vicky, I saw you staring at that boy in the volleyball team yesterday. That's no good at all!" Bennett said in a sweet but dark voice.

As I sat there tied to the chair shivering in fear, tears started to swell up as Bennett reached into his pocket.

"But I don't think you'll want to look at him anymore. He's gotten really ugly now." Bennett said mischievously as he held a photo of the boy's swelled up bloody and bruised face on his phone.

"I'm a lot better looking than him, aren't I?"

As I continued to shake in fear, Bennett quickly dropped his tender act and got aggressive.

"AREN'T I?" Bennett yelled right in my face. I desperately nodded my head hoping it would appease him.

"That's what I thought..." Bennett said in a monotone voice. "Hey, let's take a picture together, okay?"

I felt myself grow cold just thinking back to those dark times. Although he was quite tame back then, compared to how deranged he became in the following years.

"Uh, hello?" A voice called out to me.

Once I came back to reality, I quickly apologised for my spacing out. "S-Sorry, what did you say?"

"I was just asking what your name was."

"Oh," I said while shyly scratching my face. "My name is Vana."

"That's a pretty name." The boy commented while then proceeding to outstretch his hand to me with a smile. "I'm Nicholas by the way. But you can call me Nick."

Once we reached the kitchen, I was relieved to be able to finally rest Stefan down on the counter.

"So, eh... what kind of work does the cooking staff do?" I asked, trying to make small talk.

"Well..." Nick began as he opened a cabinet. "For starters, we cook.

"Ah," was all I could say back. God, I'm stupid, why did I ask a question with such an obvious answer!

"But apart from that I do inventory and go into town to pick up groceries," Nick continued.

As I listened to Nick ramble on about a day in his life's work, I felt a gradual headache come on. Not from listening to him speak but from what I can only assume was an update to my status.

As I went to internally check it, I felt my heart sink.

Transmigrator detected

Oh no. The fact that this was directed at Nick could only mean one thing... Nick is Bennett!