• chapter 5 •

A/N Let's just pretend that preseason just ended and it's the actual season now. And let's pretend like I know wtf I'm writing about when it comes to basketball. This chapter was challenging 🤣 I told y'all I didn't know shit 💀💀😅 , Ik in real life they play against certain teams from certain parts of the country but yeah💀 this my story and this is how it's going LMAO enjoy loves

•••

Wednesday, September 18th 2019

You were looking forward to this day ever since Melo gave you and Tristan the tickets last week. You made sure your schedule was all cleared up for the evening so you had enough time to get ready for the game.

You oddly felt some pressure about how you looked. I mean, yeah Melo knows who you are but that does not mean all eyes are on you. It was a basketball game but nonetheless you still wanted to feel good about what you had on and how you did your make up.

You spent the early morning editing photos. You had finally got Melo's photos edited and finished so you sent them all to him. You awaited his response. While doing so, you got ready for the shoot you had today.

Melo 🛸🕺🏾💯: oh my god these look amazing camera girl.

You feel a grin grow on your lips.

You: I'm so happy you love them!😊

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: I really do. Can I tag you if I post them?

You were unsure how you felt about him openly giving you credit. It kind of scared you knowing if he tagged you it might bring an influx of followers you may not be ready for.

You: it's okay, you don't have to. you've shown enough appreciation and I'm really grateful for it. Thank you Melo.

You decide to double text.

You: I'm so excited for tonight, I've been looking forward to it. Feels good to have a reason to get out of the house and do something fun for me for once. Well, for us.

You await his response. Feeling a tad bit like you shared too much information, you avoid looking at your phone for a while. It was the honest truth. It was hard to get Tristan out of the house most days when he was too tired from work.

You prepared lunch before you head out or your shoot. The shoot you had planned today was a couple shoot scheduled for two hours. It gave you just enough time to get back, shower and change before the game and edit some of their picture before Tristan came to pick you up.

During this shoot, you enjoyed your time with this couple as they were kind enough to share their story on how they got together. The two of them being gender fluid and using they/them pronouns, they shared with you how they went through so many struggles before coming to terms with their identity. By the end of your shoot, their story had you in tears. Their love was so very real and it obviously showed strongly in the photos.

"Well thank you two so much for your time. Thank you for sharing with me your love story," nodded at them both as you spoke.

"Why of course," one of them stated. "Are you in a relationship?" They asked.

The question caught you off guard and you looked to the ground.

"Yes, yes I am. It's been a bit rocky lately but I hope we're working through it," you shrugged.

"Well they better be treating you like the Queen you are. You deserve to be recognized for your beauty and kindness," they smiled.

"Oh stop I've cried enough are you kidding? Thank you so much," you exclaimed and they both erupt in laughter.