• chapter 6 •

Thursday, September 19th 2019

You woke up only minutes before your alarm today. Memories from last night and the game flooded your brain. You rubbed your eyes slowly before getting up to get ready for the day.

Melo 🛸🕺🏾💯: Awwww shit, good morning
Y/N

You: Lmaoo good morning 😏 how you feeling today?

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: Like shit

Before you even got the chance to reply, you had an incoming call.

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯

You swiped to answer it.

"Good morning Melo," you chirped.

"Damn camera girl you sound happy as fuck talking 'bout some 'good morning'," he groans.

"Well," you giggled. "It is 8a.m."

"I know I know," he replied. "I'm getting gone soon I just wanted to call you and say I'm sorry about last night," he sighs.

"Don't be..." you say quickly. "I mean, it feels like we've been apologizing to each other a lot..." you trailed off.

"Yeah, you for sure right about that but I mean it," he stated. "Whatever I said and whatever Miles maybe said- I'm sorry."

"It's okay Melo," you snickered. "It was kinda funny actually you said something 'bout-"

"Oh shit no no you're good," he cut you off quickly. "I don't think I want to know." He huffed.

"Okayyy," you laugh.

"Hmmm maybe..."

"Mm nope can't take it back," you smirked.

"I'mma get it out of you.. I feel like I said some outta pocket shit. It's coming back to me now." He sighed.

"Something like that," you shrugged.

"Loook, I'm flying out today, but how's your schedule looking October 8th, I come back the day before that."

"Love that you have a date in mind already," that sounds good and works for me!"

"Alright y/n, I'll see you when I get back then,"

"You'll be gone up until then?"

"Yeah pretty much, lots of games out in different states."

"Awww wow," you replied unable to hide a a tinge of sadness that you felt knowing you would not see his face around the apartment building for a bit.. "Safe travels! Hope you have a ton of fun."

"Thank you camera girl, see you when I get back,"

"Sounds like you'll miss me more than I'll miss you," you teased.

"Ouch, I'm hurt," he laughs.

"I'm messing, have funnn and send me pictures if you see something cool," you requested.

"Alright bet, bye."

•••

Tuesday, October 8th 2019

You were definitely excited to see Melo and you missed his energy. He had texted you here and there since today to see what you were up to but mostly he was busy with his mind on basketball.

His dedication inspired you to grind hard these next couple of weeks before the fall weather was really going to start coming in. You have been brainstorming ideas on what you would do for shoots if it got too cold outside. You had an idea of setting up a mini indoor set for Christmas shoots but that was a project for November the latest.