• chapter 14 •

December 1st

You were pleased that it was finally Melo's day off. He insisted on going out somewhere to hang out but you really just wanted to spend the day in and you know he really just needed the rest. He had a busy week and played hard and you just wanted to see him relax.

He smiled at you as soon as he walked through the door, pulling you into a long hug. As he took his hoodie off, you were surprised at the sight.

"You cut your hair?" You asked, attempting to have a sad tone in your voice.

"I told you I would at some point," he chuckled, caressing your cheek. "You like it?"

"Yeah it looks good but..." you say reaching up to touch a curl. "You cut so much off."

"You think so? Awww I'd thought you'd like it." He replied as his face sort of fell, you quickly corrected yourself.

"I do either way! It's just so short..." you whined. "Way shorter than I thought you would want it..."

Hardly anything to grab, you thought.

"...Hmm," is all you said before turning around for a moment, He studies you with one eyebrow raised.

"It'll grow back," he chuckled.

"Hmm, I suppose," you mumbled, shaking your head at him as you returned to standing in front of him.

"Whatttt?" He trailed off, planting quick kisses on your lips now, causing you to giggle.

"Nothing, nothing," you replied.

"Hmmm... okayyy. Are you sure you don't want to do something today?" He asked while he began shaking off his coat, planting a quick kiss on your lips.

You looked down at your outfit as you were in your shorts and t-shirt and he was dressed for the occasion of relaxation, as he had sweats and a hoodie on.

"It's fine." You beamed at him with a laugh. "I'm no where near ready."

"I can wait for you to get ready if you want, whatever you wanna do, pretty girl," he smiled.

"Let's chill today. But next time for sure," you grinned. "Thank you, Melo."

"Of course," he kissed your lips before making his way to your bed and jumping in it. You laugh at the sight. Seeing him cuddled up in your own favorite blankets made your heart feel fuzzy.

"You want anything?" You asked him while you scavenge your way through your cabinets. Your kitten hopping on the counter to watch your every move.

"For you to come here," he mumbles. You turn back to look at him and his eyes move from his phone screen to you, flashing you a full smile.

You grab a water bottle for yourself and him, walking back to your bed.

"Soo, how was your week," he asked, patting the bed impatiently now, waiting for you to accompany him.

"Pretty busy actually, my family came by to visit me. My mom loved Lucky so much she wanted to see her again..." You kneeled before Melo on the mattress, his eyes traced every curve of your body, unknowing to you as you rambled before him.

"I had a couple of shoots, so it feels good to not do anything but relax with you today."

"That's nice," he replied before rubbing his hand on your thigh. "What'd y'all do when they visited?"