• chapter 9 •

Warnings: All characters in this fic are 18+. Minors DNI. Swearing, mentions of drug use, actual drug use, all that shit mentioned. Fuck it up.

A/N: small but kind of major detail changed... it's a Hornets v. Heat game that reader is going to because ya girl finally learned what Eastern and Western conference is LMAO with my slow ass. anyway enjoy yaaay. I'm learning! Even tho basketball is in my user name I realized I barely knew as much as I do now. I AM LEARNING💀 On topic of writing this I've been doing my research. Pat on the back for me getting educated 😊😊

•••

November 1st 2019

With your purse slung over shoulder, you opened up the front door and you immediately freaked out at the sight.

"Tristan what the fuck?" You yelled, "God, you scared me. How long were you standing there?"

"I- um. I just got to the door I-I just didn't knock yet."

He stood there in his full army combat uniform. The sight was so odd. He looked like a stranger to you now.

  "Well, what do you want?" You asked coldly. Moving your body from him to take the hint to move to the side while you closed and locked the door behind you.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry things ended up on a bad note. I was hoping you would forgive me."

"Aw, wow how sweet," you say sarcastically. "Am I on your list of making amends before you leave or something? Go see a therapist dawg, forreal."

"I-" he started but you quickly cut him off.

"I can tell you I forgive you but I won't forget, I stand by what I said and how I feel. I am done. I wish you nothing but the best on your new chapter in life but things end here, you need to understand that," you stated firmly.

He sighed deeply, slouching in response.

"That's it?" He asked.

You nodded, crossing your arms. "Did I stutter?" You retorted.

His entire presence just brought bad energy, you did not care how mean you were being to him after how he did you.

"Don't hold onto anything, I mean that shit, I hope you learn to have some respect, since you wanna serve the country so bad," you snorted.

"Look Y/N, I would have told you I just- I just didn't know-"

"Didn't know what Tristan? Hm? I don't want to hear excuses anymore. I don't want to hear why you made the decision you did. I just want you to know that this is me deciding I want to go separate ways. I hope you can respect that. Good luck, have a nice life. Truly." You stated and that was that. You felt like you had nothing else to say.

With the way he stood there, it looked like he did not either. You left him standing there as you walked down the hallway.

You got to your car and sat back in your seat for a moment. Feeling the pinch in your throat trying to fight thinking about all the good times you had with him. That was no more.

There were good times yes but it was time to let go.

You put your car in drive and headed for the Spectrum Center.

•••

Being at the game by yourself felt like a dream. You were sitting court-side by yourself and the build up of anticipation to the moment made you realize that this was truly a unique experience. You were here and you were here to see The Hornets play Miami Heat. The music played the announcers voice boomed over the speaker. The screaming fans.