3. KARMA

KANE SPOKE TOO SOON

KANE SPOKE TOO SOON.

He proposed to my mother.

******************

So you know that 'dinner' Kylan took my mom on. Well he proposed to her then. You heard me right. The get down on one knee, 'I'll love you forever' bull crap. They've only been going out with each other for 6 months. What the fuck! Excuse my French.

I haven't spoken to my mother in 3 days. I've been staying at Carly's house. As soon as my Mom told Kylan proposed, I walked out of the house and walked to a nearby park. I sat there for a bit until I called Carly to come pick me up. I can't thank Carly enough for what she has done for me the past couple days. She let me take my time to talk to her about it. She's been my best friend since elementary. And she was there for me when my dad left. A knock interrupted my train of thought when Carly opened the door to her room.

"Hey there" she smiled. I returned it with look a half-smile. "You know you need to go back to your house soon right. As much as I love having you around, your sulking mood is starting to spread to others" she joked. "That and you have to face your mom sooner or later"

"I just can't believe she said yes. They've only been dating for 6 months. That's so early. Yeah, they've been married before but they both have kids. If they get married to each other, Kylan's kids will become my brothers and I'll become their sister and Kylan will be my- no. Just did they stop to think how this would affect their kids?" I ranted. Carly sighed and put her hand over mine.

"I think you should just talk to her," she whispered. Nodding my head in defeat I hugged her as a thank you.

———————————-

By the time I got home, it was dark and my mom was sitting at the kitchen bench on the phone.

"Yeah I still haven't heard anything from her" she sniffles. As I put my keys up on the coat rack, my moms head turned towards me. "Elliana! Oh my!" She got off her chair and ran to give me a hug. "I'm so sorry. I didn't think about you and Finn at all" she sobbed.

"No Mom, it was my fault for running out. I was so shocked that I didn't want to believe it. It was wrong of me to react that way. I always make it about me. You deserve to be happy" I apologised. She let go of me and cupped my face.

"Don't you dare talk about yourself like that. You are the most selfless person I know. I was the one who should have thought about you and Finn. I always talked to you about everything and suddenly after 6 months of dating, I'm engaged. It's a lot and I was too blinded by my own happiness that I didn't think about yours or Finn's. I hope you can forgive me" she cried.

"Of course Mom. You and Finn are all I have. I'm glad that you love him and he loves you. You deserve to be happy. It's going to be a big change but I'm grateful I have you and Finn to help adjust" I spoke gently. She went over to her phone that she left on the bench, and quickly texted to what I assume to be the person she was on the phone with. "Was that Kylan?"