23. SO IN LOVE WITH HER

A WEEK PASSED and it was like everything was going back to normal

A WEEK PASSED and it was like everything was going back to normal. Or as normal as it could be.

"My grandma's been asking for you to come over soon" Nick mumbled in my neck. We were both laying on the couch watching tv. His arms were wrapped around my waist as he laid on top of me.

"Has she?" I asked curiously, scratching his head as he groans. He reminds me of Bear when I'm petting him.

"Something about granddaughter and her cottage pie, I don't really know what that women goes on about these days" He lifted his head up to face me as he spoke.

"Well, we wouldn't want to disappoint her, now would we?" I smiled down at him and he crawled up to give me small kisses.

"10 feet away at all times, Thorne!" Kameron bellowed as he entered the room and Nick sat up on the couch. I groaned at Kameron.

"You are such a douche. He's my boyfriend, I'm allowed to kiss him and cuddle with him" I glared at him over the couch.

"Well I'm your older brother and I don't want to see you swapping saliva with my best friend" he sassed, raising an eyebrow at me back.

"Well jokes on you, I love kissing Nick, and I'm gonna keep kissing Nick until I die so get over yourself" I sassed back, sticking my tongue at him.

No one can beat how proud I am of Elle right now. While the two bicker like children, I smile at the fact that Kam just called himself her older brother. And she didn't correct him. I know she's still got a long way to go with being able to trust again. But it's the baby steps that count. Her father fucking kidnapping her would've set her back a bit, the fucking bastard. But somehow she's completely bounced back from it and is more comfortable with her new family now.

"Your such a child. Can you go one minute without making a childish remark?" Kam argued.

"Yeah well, your so ugly, you get no girls. Oh wait it's probably your personality!" She retorted sassily. I laughed and kissed the side of her head. Kameron glared at that.

"We are going upstairs, where you can't interrupt us. And if you try too, I'll tell my mom" She stared him down, grabbing my hand and running upstairs. No one dares mess with Cadi.

Once we were up in her bedroom, I sat down on her couch and she swaddled my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck. I respectfully kept my hands on her hips and rubbed her back. I could feel her fiddling with the chain around my neck.

"I noticed it a while ago but I was too scared to ask. But I'm curious. Why did you put my ring on this chain? And what are the other two?" She mumbled, sitting up now. I let out a long breath. I figured she noticed when I put her ring on my chain. I wanted to tell her about my parents. I just didn't want her to feel bad for me. She's going through shit right now. The last thing she needs is being sad over my parents dying 14 years ago.

"The other two rings are my parents wedding bands. As you know, I live my grandmother. She's raised me since I was 3, since my parents died. I don't remember much about them. I mean I was only little. They were both big shot lawyers with their own firm. Apparently they were attending a gala in the city, and I was at home with our nanny. On the way home they were caught in a really bad snow storm. They lost control of the car and rolled into a ditch. They were pronounced dead when help arrived" I grimly frowned. Elle rubbed my sides from my lap.

"I couldn't imagine how scared they would've been" Elle whispered.

"The only thing I physically have left of them, are their wedding bands. And I keep it close to me as a reminder of how much they loved each other. And how much they loved me. And so I keep yours close to me because you mean the world to me" I pecked her lips and she made a sweet noise.

"What were their names?" Elle asked curiously, now fiddling with my hair.

"My mother was Allison Thorne and my father was Charlie Thorne. Even though they worked hard everyday, they always made time for me" I smiled sadly, looking into Elle's comforting eyes.

"They sound amazing" She smiled back.

—————————————

"Hey Mom. Hi Dad. I know it's been a while since I last visited. Sorry. I've had a lot going on in my life lately. I met a girl. God this girl. She can make a whole room brighten with just her smile. She's so Beautiful. She's smart. Funny. She even laughs at my jokes. Grandma hates my jokes. I wish you guys were still here so I could tell you in person. I miss you both. I wish we got a little more time. I wish you could meet her. She's amazing. Her names Elle and I'm so in love with her. I hope that we get to experience even a sliver of the same love you both shared. I love you. With all my heart" I exhaled as I stood up from sitting in front of their graves.

 With all my heart" I exhaled as I stood up from sitting in front of their graves

Here's a pretty short filler chapter. Thorns is coming to an end but don't worry. This isn't the end of their story *wink* *wink*

Don't be a ghost reader! I wanna hear your thoughts and reactions! Show Thorns some love ❤️

Let me know what you think of the story so far ——>