15. DONT PUSH ME AWAY

MY GRANDMA ALWAYS TOLD ME that I was a people person since the day I was born

MY GRANDMA ALWAYS TOLD ME that I was a people person since the day I was born. And I always held that to me.

I had been living with my Grandma Liz since I was three years old. I can't really remember my parents but my Grandma always told me stories of them. She was my Moms Mother. My parents were big time Lawyers. So when they passed in a car accident, they left me everything. And I mean everything.

They left me their entire bank accounts which came with a sky rocketing amount. But I never touched it. I stayed in my Grandmas little suburban home. She'd always point out things I do and say my parents would do the exact same thing. And that I looked exactly like my father but I had gotten my mothers eyes.

She said they were so in love. I only hoped one day I'd be able to have something like that. The thought of spending big amounts of money on something never crossed my mind. Not until I met Elle.

And now here I am, buying her a new ring. I don't think she's been given many gifts before and I want to change that. I had chosen out this silver band with vines wrapped around it, lilac coloured jewels glittered through it. Her favourite colour.

"This for a girlfriend?" The attendant asked me.

"Uh no. It's- Um for a special person" I answered back at him, blush tinting my cheeks. But I didn't miss the raise of an eyebrow on his face.

————————————————

The doorbell rang though the house as my finger left the button. I heard a clatter of feet and multiple voices before Kaleb swung the door open to let his head squeeze through.

"Oh hey Nick. What can I help you with?" He asked sincerely.

"I came to see Elle. I wanted to give her something" I smiled, the excitement of seeing her rising.

"Oh yeah sure. She's just in- Ow! Just one moment please" he said pulling his head back inside and shutting the door. I heard him yelling with someone inside before he opened the door and stuck his head back out.

"So I forgot she just went out actually. I'm sorry man" he winced, the lies lacing his words.

"Oh that's fine" I said turning around. Elle was not out. Her car is parked outside. Which means she told Kaleb to lie to me. And she doesn't want to see me. Bull. Shit. I made sure no one was looking before I bolted around the house towards her room until finally I was below her balcony. I jumped up from a garden bed and pulled myself up the rest of the way. Thank god for Boxing.

I made sure I still had the ring in my pocket before opening her glass doors to her room. She was lying upside down on her couch reading a book. Typical Elle. Her nose was scrunched up like she always does when she's trying to understand something. Bear was taking up the other side of the couch, sleeping deeply on the verge of falling off. You can't tell me they are the exact same-

"Knock knock" I chuckled, standing more into the room. She gasped, dropping her book on her face before jumping up facing me flustered. Cute-

"Nick- wh-what are you doing in my room? Did you climb up to my balcony? No, don't tell me- you can't be here. You have to leave" she muttered trying to push be back out to the balcony to leave.

"Why would you lie about not being here? Did I do something?" I wondered, concerned I had scared her off. She looked at me with sorrowful eyes before opening the balcony door. I pulled it back shut before tilting her head up to look at me.

"Don't push me away, Elle. Don't you dare" I huffed, pulling her face into mine as our foreheads connected. I could feel her heart beating fast from her neck and her eyes were screwed shut, as if she was afraid that when she opened them this would all disappear.

"I know that people have left you in the past. And that your scared I will too. But Elle. I'm here. I'm here to stay and I'm not going anywhere, Sunshine. I'm staying" I chanted for her, hoping it would stick in her brain. She was still for a moment before I felt her shaking against me. Her sobs got louder and I took her in my arms as she squeezed my torso.

"Come on Sunshine. Let's not make today a sad day. It's a good day. And I got you a present" I cheered, wiping the last of her tears off her face. She gave me a half smile-half confused face. I sat her still semi shaky form down on her couch. Bear was still fast asleep, some drool coming out of his mouth.

I pulled out the box the ring was in and Elle eyed me cautiously. I opened it to reveal the ring and she gasped with a wide smile. She went to touch it before retracting her hand and frowning.

"Nick I can't take this. It must've costed a fortune. I wouldn't be able to pay you back" she mumbled, fiddling with the rings already on her dainty fingers.

"Yes you can and you will. Here I'll take one of your rings so then you can have this one. That way it's like replacing it" I compromised taking a skinny silver band with a pink jewel off her hand and replacing it with the one I bought.

I lifted up the chain that's around my neck and threaded on hers, it falling down next to the other two. My parents wedding bands. The last intimate object I have left of them. I wanted to always keep them close to me and now Elle too. She special to me. I don't know why but something draws me to her. And I don't want to lose her. She can push me away all she wants but she's not getting rid of me.

"It's beautiful. And it's purple" she smiled greatly, spinning the ring around her finger.

"Yeah I remembered you liked it and as soon as I saw it, I just thought it would be perfect for you" I beamed, tucking the chain back under my shirt.

"Thank you" she blushed. She stood there for a moment with her head down, her heels rolling back and forth and I knew what she wanted.

I walked towards her and wrapped my arms around her and rested my hands in her hair. She tensed for a moment before letting out the breath she was holding and wrapping her arms around me.

She's always going through a mental battle in her head.

And I want to be her anchor.

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in weeks

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in weeks. I've been so lazy and tbh I haven't had anything to write about. But hopefully this chapter was alright. I don't like forcing myself to write when I'm stuck bc it normally ends up sounding really bad. Let me know anyways! Thanks