Bonus Chapter: Leanne's Present

The moment when I saw my baby ripped to shreds on the boarder of the Redbridge pack was the moment that my life had taken a whole new direction. I couldn't even tell if it was a baby. It was a pile of blood, flesh and limbs scattered on the edge. It looked like he was mauled by a wolf. I didn't need to any confirmation from my wolf. My senses smelt that was his body. My baby, my last connection with Kieron flashed before me. 

I could remember the burn of my throat, I think I was screaming. I know I was crying until my eyes evidentially dried out. There was nothing left but the memories of my hallow stomach. I never even got to hold it. All I could do was clutch on to the flimsy piece of paper that read one sentence that would forever haunt me. 

"Your debt has been paid Leanne." 

My mind ran wild, my heart hammered in my chest as I read those words. The message was passed onto me from Jacob. His eyes were swollen from thinking his son was dead. He was looking at me for answers about this vague message. I didn't care to look him. He didn't get to relish in my pain, it wasn't even his baby. He was mine and only mine. His father was dead. 

I don't know what happened but I couldn't keep up the pretence of lying that I loved the imbecile. I spat words out, they tumbled out of my mouth like a river that never ended. I don't even remember what I said but when I woke up everything had chanced. Jacob looked at me coldly, my mother was weeping and my father, well he looked at me how he looked at Louise. 

I couldn't help but hate her even more, if she was here I could have blamed her, she could have been the one that was killed not my son. Instead my father slapped me across my face while I was sobbing with a cold look in my eyes. It was when he told me he could never forgive me for what I did to my sister. It was then that I realised the game was up. No longer was I the innocent flower. 

Jacob blamed me for the death of his son. I was glad I didn't tell him that truth, I could see my mother's shoulder's hitch at his words. I questioned whether she knew the truth but the words were stuck in my throat. As I sniffled away my last tears, it was then that I decided to get revenge. I told him that the person who killed my baby was the leader of the Rouges and his mate. Jacob's eyes darkened and he swore then to avenge his baby and kill him. 

The next words out of his words were what shocked me to the core. He said he was disgusted in me and that he was rejecting me as the pack's Luna. He then labelled me as an Omega and that as soon as he buried his son I would begin my new duties. My father called it atonement, my mother called it a punishment, I called it hell on earth. 

Eight years passed me by in a haze. I was lost in memories of Kieron, I was in my own world, imagining a life where my boy was alive. My mother still doted on me, although it was in secret. She would hold me through those tearful nights, stroking my hair, she was the only one who showed me love. My father well at first he ignored me but as time went by he tolerated me with words of encouragement from my mother. 

I found peace in my small world as an Omega. That was until my sister returned. I should have guessed that the imbecile found my wretched sister, for he had smiled for the first time in a long time. He looked relieved. I didn't question him, for he would only ignore me and humiliate me further in the pack. I had tried to run away countless times, only to be intercepted and punished. I would scream for them to let me go, but apparently I was a risk. 

Maybe he wasn't an imbecile in that sense. He was right, I was a risk. I knew I wanted revenge on this pack for they didn't protect my son. It was their fault why he was dead. However, he was still an idiot for he was in a Cold War with the Rouges. Seeking revenge for something he had no reason to avenge. The child wasn't even his. I wondered if his wolf could sense it, I got the feeling he knew but his ego was in the way. He had to save face in front of the pack.