*1: Y/N

(Please don't read this, it's so old and bad and just being edited for my own sanity. It's mostly discontinued, but very rarely updated just because some people like lore or holiday specials. Yaknow?)

I could say.. Y/n is different. They're unique and special in many ways..
But,

Y/n is just a broke ass adult.
Yup. Did you expect me to say they're quirky?
They're normal.
-
You're normal.
Oh? Did you forget? In this story I'm only the narrator. This adventure belongs to you.

Hello Y/n.

Shall we start?

-----
. . .Click-Click-Click!
"Ma'am- Your name isn't on the sign up sheet." You tried to not sound annoyed, and you held back your usual disrespect.
"What? NoNo.. You must be mistaken. M, a, r, y. D, a, v, i, s-" She spelled out for you."It's under Mary Davis."

An awkward smile stretched on your face. "Yes.. That's what I typed in."
"Well- CHECK AGAIN?" She snapped, fuming.
You sighed, somewhat defeated. "I could sign up a reservation for tomorrow?" Clearly she didn't like that suggestion.
"Tomorrow?! What about TODAY?!"

"Miss.. We are booked." You tried to explain, starting to get irritated.
"No you Aren't!! Just put me in another slot!!"

"I'm gonna need to ask you and your son to leave." You didn't want to pull the kid in it, as he was probably embarrassed as-is, but you almost had to.
"Yeah, mom- we should just go.." He tugged her sleeve and shrank down.

She pulled her hand away from him. "No, no!  we aren't leaving till I get a refund!!"

-
"Anghhh... I hate working at the desk..." You muttered as she finally left.
"Ah! Good morning Y/n!" A random co-worker beamed at you, while walking past.
"Happy day..isn't it bud?" You state still slightly aggravated.

He stared at you for a moment, a large smile still haunting his face. "Woah! What got you down in the dumps?"
"Shut it Jerry. You got any extra request sheets?" You asked blankly, sitting up in your chair.

"Ooh? Changing your position? About time!" The worker laughs then looks around in his pocket.
"Hoping. Hoping to change my position." You sighed, tapping your pen against the desk.

"Good luck with that miss. Here ya go!" He smiled at you, holding out a small 6x4 printed card.

You lightly took the card from him. "Thank you."

And the friendly worker just walks away whistling, with a hop, skip, and a jump. All giddy and happy, like he wasn't a janitor on shift.

'What should I... Mechanic? Security guard? Night guard? Desk..No. Server? Chef? Cashier? Etc. Etc.' You contemplated, staring at the card in front of you.

'Maybe a Mechanic Or security guard? I heard they make a lot more. I have a years worth of engineering, and with security, I'd have protection devices! Also access to a lot more...

Or.. both? If I'm overworking the boss might give me a big raise!' As if burnout is just a quick trip. Ha.

Writing down your choice and information by using the wall as a hard surface, you walk over to the bosses "Mail box" and slip in the sheet of paper.

-
Nothing...

Reload Gmail.

Still nothing,

Reload Gmail.

Nothing.

'Really? I wait for 3 days and the boss still hasn't made a choice? The decision shouldn't be that hard.'

You sit down on your couch and aimlessly ponder, feeling incredibly impatient.

1 Hour has passed.

Anything?

.... Oh? Finally!

---

Good Afternoon, Y/n L/n.
This email regards your request for the mechanic and security position.

I'm pleased to inform you that you have the skills to switch jobs, however, taking two jobs at once may confuse your schedule. And I'm sorry to say that you will not be able to choose your hours.

Come in tomorrow at 6am sharp. When you're backstage I will have a mechanic there to teach you the ropes before going off on your own. In the security office is your new schedule. Please reply in order for me to know you are up-to-date. Goodluck,
Headquarters.
------------------

'Hm. That's great, I don't get to choose when I work. Lovely.

Wait. Tomorrow?!

So I get the day off?
Oh- it's Sunday. Would've been off anyways-'
--
You grab your schedule from the security room and rush out into the hallway to get backstage.
"Hey hey!! Are you Y/n?" Some girl calls out to you.
You turned around, and stared at her for a second. "Yup! And you are?"

"I'm Maddie! The best mechanic here!-" She paused. "I'm not being cocky, I've been here for like 5 years, closest other person to that, is 7 months."
"Atleast they didn't send some newbie to train me." You say quietly with a sigh.

"...Comeon! Let's get you your belt!"

-

"So.. I just.. scan them?" You asked, turning the device in your hands.
"Yep! Then this device will tell you what's wrong with them!"

"That helps..?" You replied slowly.
"We normally do quick checkups before performances and right before they shut down for the day. And for the daycare animatronics, we scan them twice a week." Maddie keeps explaining and demonstrating everything expected from the job. Then:
"Let me show you the animatronics!"

"Oh? Alrighty." You nodded stiffly.

-

"Right now they're shut down.-"
Maddie then knocks on the chest of the gator.

"-And I'm sure you know the names, You worked another job here before becoming a mechanic."
"That I do, I just only seen them on posters... I never watched a performance.."

She nodded. "Here, scan Roxy."

"Oh- Right-"
You turn on the scanner and point it at the robot. The screen turns green for 3 seconds before going blank.

Maddie then took a screwdriver and whispered underneath her breath, "Sorry about this Roxy."
Then proceeded to force the screwdriver into Roxy's left thigh.
"Alright, try again Y/n."

You look at her for a second, with a confused glare, before turning back on the scanner, and pointed at the wolf again.

This time the screen turned a bright red, then text started to appear.

Hole in suit, upper left thigh

"..Who needs to fix that?" You smiled awkwardly, rubbing the back of your neck.
"Don't worry, I will. Tomorrow though, If something happens I'll leave it to you." Maddie replies, giving you a smile.

You ended the day, with her showing you a few more of the ropes, and certain ways to do things, or where to find everything else.
When you left for the day, she sent you off with a small booklet, full of just in-case instructions.
-
You did meet the animatronics, but there were two that Maddie seemed to forget to introduce you to.

-----
Previous word count: 816

Edited word count: 1096