14: Day-By-Day

...

You couldn't remember much of that night. The most you recalled was questions. Lots of questions. By Joel.

The next day, Sunny was avoiding you. This wasn't a pleasant feeling. You were worried. Very, Worried. He seemed anxious... And that was the problem..

The day after that Sunny acted completely normal again. But would pretend to not hear you whenever you would bring up the day before.

In the middle of the day, while you were checking up on the twins, You remembered a certain question.

"Hey Sunny..? Do you feel as though you lived a life before being a robot? Or... Have a.. consciousness..?"

He stared at you with shock for sometime. Before putting on his default expression.

"Of course not! Nor do I have a conscious... ! Everything I say to you is all programmed silly!"
You gave him a soft smile that read:

I believe you.

But, you didn't. You saw a glance of regret in his eyes while saying that. He even let out a sigh of relief after seeing your expression.

Normally, You'd love to trust Sun. But not today. You knew he was lying. There wasn't any evidence... but that's why you're doing this. More times you spend here, More hints you'll gather.

Obviously, you did care about the two, But this was just... A side thing. And they should never find out about it.

That's when another question came up.

"If everything you say to me is programmed.. Then why do you two only have nicknames for me..?"

This caught Sunny off guard. He froze, not knowing what to say or do. So you continue speaking..

"I do believe you!-"

Nope.

"- it's just that... It feels like I'm getting some kind of.. special treatment." You let out a chuckle, giving yourself a light hug. Sunny was still conflicted. By his expression you could tell he was talking to Moon.

Then proceeded to let out sigh and finally give you a response. "Haha... That's... because, you are special Y/n..."

This flustered you a tad, And you wanted to ask
Why?
But didn't want to put Poor Sunny in anymore distress. So you let it go, But still wrote the responses in your notepad.... Just so you don't forget.

The next morning you woke up with a sore neck, slightly throbbing and you felt your heartbeat focused on the swollen area.

slowly sitting up, Wincing at the pinch of pain that radiated through the rest of your body. Partly bringing your neck backwards, You try and crack it, except it didn't crack. You were stuck with the left over sore muscles.

Calling in work, You took the day off. The morning after the pain was gone. Like... It never happened.

——
"Sunsh- FRIEND! YOU'RE BACK!"
He looked like he wanted to give you a hug, but he stopped himself, crouching to your level he settles for a pat on the head.

You were a tad upset about this. You woke up with more confidence then normal...

So you took a step closer to the robot and gave him the most loving embrace you could. Wrapping your arms around him and pulling Sunny closer to you.

Eventually, he hugs back, but he hugs you softly. With a quiet, but obvious wwiirrrrrr 
Emitting from his body.

Pulling away, you give a soft smile, "It's great to see you too Sundrop."

He quickly stands up and starts rapid cleaning the daycare. Mumbling and talking to himself while using hand movements to support whatever he's saying.

Eventually looking back at you. You give a little wave, And his pose softens, becoming less stiff. Body still giving off the Wirrr. You let out a small giggle at his antics, The rays start to spin.

Sun quickly grabs onto two rays to stop them from spinning. "Uhm- Well- Thanks for checking on.. Me, Y- Friend! But- You should definitely go back to working!" Then he starts walking away, Giving a wave towards you.