71: . . .Files.

(This chapter brings up, and uses informationfrom previous chapters. It starts getting interesting ;])

-

You stared at the note. Taking a deep breath in, before reading the last words on the page. "Stay safe, signed, Joel".

Moon quickly broke the silence. "I don't trust it."
"Shouldn't we atleast see what's inside?" You asked, clutching the box.
"I don't- think-I doubt there is a basement! Trust me, I checked!"

"We know you did, but it's probably just not in an obvious place. My question is, why the hell is her bedroom in the basement?" You were getting a tad nervous, after all, you didn't want it to be about something bad.
"Probably so it's harder to find." Moon added bluntly.
"She barely even sleeps here!" You countered.

"What if she hides everything in this house?" Sun added; Actually, that's a scary thought. What does she have to hide? Sure, we all have secrets, but why would she hide something inside a house, only she has access to?
I mean, it is a pretty big house, robbers, yaknow?
However, this house does seem pretty tedious to find. . . Is the glass bullet proof?

"Shouldn't we- you guys start looking for the basement? To open the box, before Maddie gets home." Moon requested.
You shook your head. "No. Not yet, we can start looking, but we should go down there at night."

Sun seemed unpleasantly surprised. "What? Why? Shouldn't you-we open it earlier? It's the third day! She may-could be back any minute, and we would not-wouldn't have any warning!"
"Exactly." You said bluntly. "-If she doesn't arrive by night, we could assume she's coming tomorrow morning.
If she arrives before night, we could wait for her to fall asleep.
If she arrives during night, chances are she'll be too tired, and go to bed right away. Even assuming I'm already asleep, and we could sneak back upstairs."
Sun immediately smiled. "Ohhh, yeah! You're right!"

There was a loud 'Whirr' coming from Moon, like a computer overheating. His head rotated sideways slightly, and Sun immediately grabbed him, in a way that looked like Sun was trying to keep him up straight.
The sound went to a complete stop.

"Uh-oh." Sun mumbled.
"What? What happened?" You questioned.
"Moon shut down, I do not-don't mean turned off, he shut down."

You blinked a few times. "Uh-oh. That means we need to manually-"
Sun cut you off. "Yes. But you should check him-"
You nodded. "Mhm. . . God, I hope his wires aren't fried. That'll be a real dick to deal with."

~
Sun watched over your shoulder as you carefully looked through the wires in Moons torso.
"Hmmm. . . Sun, there isn't really anything worrying. I can't do anything until we get proper repair tools."

Sun stayed quite for a but.
"Is that switch important?"
"I mean, it's off, there's probably a reason."
"What's it for?"
"Wish I knew. Darn thing doesn't have a label of any sort. Nor was it in the manual."
"Manual?"
"Yes. You guys have a manual."

There was a lot of slience. You both were staring at the switch, trying to figure out what the hell it could be for.
"Can we try it?" Sun asked.
"I dunno. . . If it's anything bad, I wouldn't want him getting hurt." You cringed slightly.
"I'll take the blame!"
"Sun." You glared at him, trying to understand his intent.

"It's not like they'd-they would put anything bad in! Especially without a label!"
". . . Alright, fine. But if ANYTHING seems bad, I'm turning it back off."

~
When Moon started to power on, you almost instinctively crossed your fingers, really hoping you didn't just fuck up.
"It's always me that gets into this bull. Why can't Sun get some actual issues?"
You heard him say, and you let out a sigh of relief.
"I'm guessing you still can't see."

He looked in your direction. "I. . . Can't?"
You blinked. "That didn't sound too sure."
"I can't, but for some reason I can still scan things. . .?"
You blinked. "Okay, but, what does it look like?"

The silence Moon first gave you, gave you the knowledge that he would've been glaring at you.
"We're getting off topic."
You scoffed, "You're the one that shut down." You would've rolled your eyes, but it's not like he would see it.

You glanced around the room, before realization hit you.
"Where'd Sun go?"
"Probably got a manic burst of energy-again."
"Uh yeah, no. If that happened, you'd hear it."
"Maybe not, hopefully by now he's insecure of his voice, especially with that speech impediment." Moon sounded like he was grinning.

You stayed in silence. Trying to listen for footsteps, or. . . Someone falling over.

The quiet was interrupted, by you-know-who yelling. "I FOUND IT!"
You gasped. "REALLY?!"

Quickly walking to where you heard Sun's voice-and dragging Moon by his wrist- you saw him dragging a rug backwards.
On the floor, there was a notch, and a large outline, seemed like it could open.

~

Nighttime arrived.

Maddie still wasn't home.

Moon agreed to stay outside, to cover the basement again.
"Agreed", he actually recommended it. You and Sun agreed. It'd be the safest idea.

"Just give us a knock if you hear her coming home, okay? We'll knock, for you to open it back up." You instructed.
Moon was sitting on the ground, and kept his "gaze" forward. "I'm surprised you trust me with this."
"If you don't let us out, you be in some real bullshit when Madds finds out. I...think."

He didn't really give a response for that, just scoffed, and then let the conversation go.

Sun unlocked the notch, and pulled the 'door' up.
There was a dusty staircase, with gray carpeting. You clutched the box, and cringed slightly. "Oh God. Ew. No way anyone has been there for ages."
"Doesn't seem like a basment." Sun added bluntly.

You began your decent down. Pulling down the door, as you stepped.
There was a corridor at the end of the staircase.
There were many doors, and the corridor seemed to have a fork of turns at the end of it.
All the doors had room numbers on them.

Started at "71."

"You've gotta be kidding me." Your expression dropped, and you slouched slightly.
"Let us-let's just look through these. . . I'm sure her room can't-wouldn't be too far!"
Almost immediately after Sun said that, your eyes brightened. "I think I know which room it is."

"What? How?"
"Room, 103. I'm. . . I'm not sure, but, I feel like it HAS to be."
~
You found the room, as it wasn't too far down. Right after it, the numbers immediately switched to "1, 2, 3," and so fourth.

The inside, looked different from everywhere else.
It was a cozy pastel bedroom, which didn't look old. It had posters, and a pink, yellow bed. There were bean bags, and stuffed animals. It looked a bit like a child's room.

You sat down on the carpet, Sun following your lead.
The both of you made short eye-contact, before you opened the box.

There were 3 golden pens. One had a gold moon charm on it's cap, one had a sun, and the other, had a. . . A clock. . .?

There was also a key, a USB, and another paper, it had nothing on it, except one word. "OPEN".

-
(Shalalallalallalalalala~)