Chapter 16.

Thank you guys for the comments on the previous chapter, they made me really happy! Here's another chapter :)

Madara's POV.

I didn't know why, but when Asami said I could trust her, I believed her immediately. She's maybe was of the few who tried to understand me, who didn't judge me by appearance or some rumors. Asami may be a bit childish, but she's smarter than she looks. I had to admit I misjudged her as well when I first met her.

I thought she was unreliable, lazy, uninterested in the village and its people, spoiled.. but I was wrong. She defended the village when needed, and she protected the people. Maybe I was praising her too much now, but she did what she could to hold the enemies off until we came, getting injured in the process. Everything I first thought about Asami was wrong.. Well, most of it. She can still be childish and lazy sometimes, but she's definitely reliable. I knew she wouldn't betray me, but I didn't like the fact that she was living with the Senju one bit.

''Madara-sama?''

I blinked and looked up, seeing Keiji standing before me. ''What is it?'' I asked tiredly.

Keiji smiled. ''Asami is here.''

Asami? What was she doing here so late in the evening? ''Let her in.'' I told Keiji as I rubbed my temples. Keiji nodded and left my office. Even though Asami and I have been seeing each other more lately. She would offer to help me with my paperwork, she said she didn't have anything better to do anyway. At first, I always rejected the idea of her helping me, but after many complaints, I let her help me. Even though the work went faster, Asami really annoyed me sometimes. She complained that my handwriting was difficult to read and she pointed out my spelling errors. I always worked till late in the night, so of course I would make some mistakes when I'm tired.

The door of my office opened, and a certain redhead entered my office. ''Still working, Uchiha-san?''

I sighed. ''What did you expect? I'm almost done though..''

''Good.'' Asami grinned. ''Because after you're done, we're going to that ramen shop!''

I frowned and put down my pencil. ''Why can't you go with Yumi or Mito?''

Asami pouted and sat down on my desk. ''I was with Yumi just an hour ago. She still needs to rest, and her injuries aren't fully healed yet. And while I was with Yumi, Mito and the rest already had supper. ''Asami explained. ''And since I didn't want to go alone, I thought I would ask you, Uchiha-san. After all, you work till late in the night so I knew you hadn't eaten anything yet.''

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I had to admit that I was indeed a bit hungry, so maybe I should go. Smirking, I looked at the Uzumaki. ''Fine.. I'll go with you.'' Asami smiled excitedly. ''But..'' After I spoke those words slowly, Asami's smile disappeared, and she groaned. ''But what?''

''You're paying.''

Asami pouted and glared at me. She grumbled something under her breath while she folded her arms over her chest. ''Fine.''

Mito's POV.

I figeted as I looked out of the window once more.

It's already late.. and Asami still wasn't back.

She didn't take Daiki with her. I told her so many times to take him with her, even though the chance is small something would happen to her. I just felt more at ease when I knew Daiki was with her. Asami could be reckless sometimes, and I didn't want something to happen to her. I don't think anyone in the village would attack a fellow citizen, but you never knew what kind of guys walk around.

I just hoped she would be back soon.

Asami's POV.

I ate my ramen as I listened carefully to Madara. It seemed the village was finally given a name.

Konoha.

I really liked the name. It fitted the village well. He also told me a few things about his past. How me met Hashirama. Madara didn't tell me much. I knew that thinking about his past also meant thinking about Izuna, and I could tell he still found it a bit difficult to talk about him. Even though his voice didn't tremble, and his expression didn't change from stoic to pained, his eyes betrayed him. I could see the pain in those black orbs. No one could always hide their emotions forever, even professionals like Madara.

I took a sip of my drink, while glancing at Madara. He was staring out of the window while tapping his fingers on the table. He seemed to be deep in thoughts. I continued to observe him, and suddenly realized how handsome he actually looks. His long midnight blue hair, his charcoal black eyes, it fitted him perfectly.

I gulped when Madara turned his head to look at me, and quickly looked away, finding myself blushing. What was I thinking about? Idiot.

''Are you finished?''

I nodded and carefully looked up to the Uchiha again, seeing him look at me. He wore the same expression as usual, but his eyes.. I saw something in them I couldn't really describe.

After I paid for the both of us, we left the shop. After a small talk, Madara and I parted ways. He went back to the Uchiha compound, while I headed to the Senju. I remembered I still hadn't talked to Hashirama about me moving to the Uzumaki compound. Why do I always forget about that?

Sighing, I walked into the compound, and looked around me. It didn't look like anyone was stil awake now, it was already around midnight anyway. I hope Mito wouldn't be mad. The last time I came back late in the evening, she scolded me. Even though I knew Mito was just concerned about me, she shouldn't treat me as a kid. She's not my mother after all.

I silently unlocked the door of the house, and closed it behind me, making sure to lock it again. I stood there for a while, waiting to hear some voices or footsteps, but I didn't hear anything. Everybody must be already asleep. I smirked and went upstairs, to my room. After I changed, I let myself fall on my bed and looked at the ceiling.

Today with Madara was pretty much fun. Even though he wasn't very talkative, just being in his presence was enough for me. I still didn't understand why people thought Madara was a bad guy. He can be really nice once you get to know him, but if you don't give him a chance.. you'll never know..