Chapter 25. Wedding.

Asami's POV.

I watched Madara from a distance as he was playing with his drink, looking quite bored. I sighed. The ceremony was just over, and he was already sulking. The party was just starting, and he wanted nothing more than to go home.

''Asami?''

I glanced at Mito, who was looking gorgeous in her wedding dress. ''Yes?''

''Are you coming? We're going to have dinner.''

I took a quick glance at Madara before looking back at my sister. ''I'll be there in a while. Go on ahead without me.''

Mito nodded and walked away from me. Sighing loudly, I turned around to face Madara, who was still busy with the glass of sake. I walked at him, and took the glass out of his hands, putting it down on the table. ''This is a wedding Madara. At least pretend like you enjoy yourself.'' I muttered.

Madara heaved a sigh and ran a hand through his long silky hair, looking even more annoyed now. ''You should be happy I came. I was considering staying at home.''

He was really hopeless. I sat down next to him and gave him a playful nudge, but Madara didn't budge. I understood how Madara felt after he heard Hashirama and Tobirama talk about him, but if he intended to isolate himself, he would only make it even worse. People would assume now that Madara was a bad person, while he wasn't. And he should prove it instead of letting them assume.

Leaning slightly against his arm to get his attention, I spoke up. ''Want to go for a short walk? It's a bit crowded here.'' I mumbled, looking at the huge table with all the guests who were currently having dinner, speaking quite loudly.

Madara inhaled deeply and nodded, putting down his drink. I smiled softly and got up as well. As we were walking away, I noticed Tobirama looking at us with a vile expression, especially directed at Madara. When our eyes met, his expression softened, but changed already quickly into a warning one.

Moving my gaze away from him, I followed Madara out of the garden. We crossed the street and used a shortcut to leave the Senju compound.

''You aren't going back, right?'' I asked, feeling slightly disappointed. Madara answered with a sigh and looked down at me. From the expression on his face I could see I was right, and I suddenly found the ground a lot more interesting. What did I expect? That Madara would enjoy himself on the wedding of someone whose clan despises him?

I squeaked once I firm hand grabbed my upper arm, dragging me into a random direction. I looked up to Madara, seeing him looking at what was in front of him. I quickened my pace to keep up with him. I definitely didn't want him to drag me across the town looking like I was being kidnapped. Taking a hold of the sleeve if his attire, I have it a few tugs.

''We're almost there.'' he muttered in response.

I didn't know where he was taking me, but at the moment I didn't care. I let go os his sleeve, but was quite surprised when a rough hands wrapped its fingers around my hand. I couldn't help but smile contently. Even though it had a rought texture, it was pretty warm.

I looked around me once we entered a small parklike area. There wasn't a compound nearby, but there were some small houses, much grass and a few benches. I now understood why Madara wanted to come here. It was so trainquil. There were hardly any people around, unlike the backyard where the party was currently being held in the Senju compound.

I sat down on one of the benches and Madara sat down on the place next to me. I felt so at ease here, especially with Madara. I couldn't really explain it, but I always felt comfortable when he was around. Even though he was one of the people I've met most recently, it felt like I knew him already much longer.

''Why are you smiling?''

I was snapped out of my thoughts once I heard Madara's deep voice, and looked at him rather confused. I didn't even know I was smiling myself. ''Just thinking of something.'' I murmured. Madara frowned, but didn't ask as he leaned back into the bench. Scooting a bit closer to him, I put my head against his arm.

Madara's POV.

I looked down at the redhead, and saw Asami smiling softly. I knew she was kinda the cuddly type, unlike me. So I just let her do as she pleased. It was not like it was bothering me anyway.

I still couldn't really understand why Asami felt this way about me. Everyone felt quite the opposite, yet she always dared to approach me and talk to me. I wondered why she accepted me, when the rest didn't.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt I finger touch my forehead. ''You shouldn't frown so much.'' I heard Asami mutter. ''You'll get wrinkles.''

I turned my head to gaze at the Uzumaki, only to see her smile softly at me. My eyes flicked to her lips, which were still curled into a kind smile. Cupping her cheeks, I leaned in, pressing my lips against her pink painted ones. Asami responded quite fast by kissing me back.

I felt her hands on the back of my neck, tugging me down a little more because of the height difference. Removing one hand from her cheek, I placed it on her waist and deepened the kiss, but had to pull away already quite early when I sensed someone approach us.

Asami's face was flushed, and her cheeks were dusted pink. Looking over my shoulder, I waited a few seconds for the person to appear, and my eyes narrowed dangerously once I saw the white-haired Senju.

He utterly ignored me and looked at Asami. ''Are you coming?'' He asked annoyed. ''Mito is waiting for you.''

''A-ah yes.'' she stuttered as she stood up. I grunted and stood up as well. Asami must have noticed the bad mood I was in now, and she stood on her toes, quickly kissing my cheek. ''I'll see you later, okay?''

I gave a short dissatisfied nod and Asami quickly went after Tobirama.

Asami's POV.

I purposely kissed Madara on his cheek. I knew he wanted to be secretively about the relationship we shared. At least he didn't want others to know yet. A kiss on the cheek can also be a friendly gesture.

Tobirama looked at me once I caught up. ''You shouldn't hang out with him so much.''

''Why not?'' I asked, finding him quite rude. ''I should know that myself, shouldn't I?''

''Being stubborn, huh?'' He grunted. ''Madara isn't a good influence on anyone. Just stay away from him.''

I clenched my fists. Why did everybody think about Madara that way? His glare and attitude may scare people off, but he wasn't a bad man. One shouldn't judge others by appearance.

Just because the Senju and Uchiha clashed in the past, doesn't mean they had to continue the conflict by sending each other glares and gossip about each other. I understood that some of the Uchiha killed Tobirama and Hashiramaa's brother, but they killed Madara's brother. Didn't they create this village to maintain peace to prevent any more losses?

I knew they could never forgive each other for what they did. I wouldn't be able to forgive the murderer of my family, but they should at least try to not to cause any more hatred, because that would only result in more war.

I would never be able to dislike Madara. He wasn't mean, he's just nice in his own way. He wouldn't just slap people or call them names for fun. He was honest, strict, disciplined, but a kind man. And I didn't think anybody who didn't really know him had the right to say anything bad about him.

_____________________

Exams are coming up, so I probably won't be updating next week, but the week after. I'm not sure though. I'll write whenever I have time :)