Chapter 38. Kindness.

Third Person.

Madara sighed as he took a random shirt out of the closet. His hair was still wet from the recent shower and it felt cold against his bare back.

Looking over his shoulder, he saw that Asami was still lying on his bed, sleeping peacefully. Her unclad back was turned to him as the blanket was only covering everything below her hips. Madara was surprised to have found out that her body wasn't as flawless as he thought it would be.

He discovered scars  on her legs and arms. He didn't think Asami would have fought so much that she would receive the scars that she had. There weren't many, but enough for him to know that the battle wasn't an easy one. He wasn't sure, but he thought she got these when Uzushiogakure was being attacked.

There was also one on her back, near her shoulder blade, and he was currently looking right at it. It was just a small scar, but it was still quite noticeable. His gaze went from her back to her face once Asami squirmed slightly. Humming softly, she slowly awoke. 

Asami sat up, holding the covers to her chest. Goosebumps rose on her exposed skin as a chilly wind blew through the half-open window.  When her eyes landed on Madara, a faint blush appeared on her cheeks. Madara, who looked as insensitive as ever - even though he didn't feel that way at the moment -, threw his shirt at her, and Asami clumsily caught it.

Madara sighed again and walked at her while Asami quickly put the shirt on. Madara sat down on the edge of the bed and looked out of the window.

Asami frowned, finding it unusual to see Madara like this. It was like something was different, but she couldn't tell what. ''Is something wrong?'' She asked slowly as she fiddled with the fabric of the shirt.

Madara turned his gaze from the window to the redhead. ''No.'' he replied. ''Why do you think that something is wrong?''

''Just a feeling.'' Asami murmured softly as she looked down at her hands. For some reason, she didn't know what to talk about at the moment. She felt embarrassed and hesitant.

''Asami.''

When Asami looked up, her eyes widened once she saw that Madara's face was right in front of hers. She leaned instinctively back, but Madara grabbed the collar of the shirt and pulled her toward him, locking her lips with his. The kiss was nothing more than just lips touching, but that was enough for now.

Asami brought her left hand and placed it on Madara's shoulder while she used the other to support herself. It only lasted a few seconds before Madara pulled away and stood up right after. "You can use my shower if you want." He said. "Keiji came just back so breakfast will be ready soon."

Asami nodded slowly, and Madara walked to the closet and took out another shirt and put it on. He intended to leave his room, but was stopped when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around his waist. Asami smiled softly as she pressed her cheek against the Uchiha's back. He was warm, while she felt cold, but from deep within, it was the exact opposite.

Asami closed her eyes and relished his warmth. While she felt comfortable, Madara was slightly troubled. He was hesitating about what to do. Doubting his own plans because of a woman. It was almost funny. Almost.

But there was a good reason for this hesitation. Asami was, besides Keiji, the only person who cared about him, who wasn't afraid of him or disliked him. After losing Izuna and his clan, he knew he needed to keep people like these close, especially if there were only two of them. Madara had lost enough, and the feeling of suffering when losing someone close to him didn't need to be repeated.

Madara's POV.

''Three plates.'' I said as Keiji was holding two of then in his hands already.

Keiji frowned. ''Three?'' he asked as he grabbed another one. ''Did Asami stay over?''

I nodded in response, and just at the same moment, Asami entered the room. She was dressed in the same clothes as yesterday. It was not like she had any choice though.

''Ah, good morning, Asami-san.'' Keiji greeted her once she noticed her presence.

''Good morning, Keiji-san.'' Asami said before sitting down on the chair next to me.  She showered pretty quickly. It's only been around 15 minutes since I went downstairs.

''Madara?'' Asami asked. ''Do you know what time it is?''

''Around eleven.''

Asami sighed. ''Then it's fine.''

I frowned at her, and Asami  explained. ''I'm going to meet up with Yumi in two hours.''

''With Yumi?'' I grumbled. ''I thought you weren't seeing her anymore?''

Asami chuckled and shook her head. ''That doesn't mean that our friendship is over. I just got a bit fed up with her, and we both needed a little bit space, but we're still friends.''

Asami was too kind. Too forgiving. If Yumi annoyed her, she should just tell her goodbye. It wasn't just once that Yumi irritated her. I noticed it easily when Asami was bothered by her. It became more often lately, and so they  saw each other less.

I knew that Asami found it hard to hurt people's feelings. She couldn't do it. She only wanted the best for others. The same was with Mito. Mito wasn't exactly kind to her when she first came her, but Asami just accepted it and lived with it. After a few efforts, Asami managed to get Mito to get along with her, and now they are on good terms. It may have ended well, but I wouldn't have tried so desperately.

After we ate breakfast, Asami cleaned the table while Keiji did the dishes. He already told her it wasn't necessary, and that he could do it alone, but Asami insisted. Like I told her before; people will make use of that kindness. Asami shouldn't be so willing to do everything for others.

''I can take care of the rest, Asami-san.'' Keiji said. ''You just go home. You only have one hour left to get ready before you're going to meet up with Yumi.''

''Alright. Thank you for the food, Keiji-san.'' Asami smiled at him before grabbing her purse and turning around. She walked to the door and I followed her outside.

When we stood in front of my house, Asami turned around to face me. A small smile was visible on her face. ''I guess I'll see you around.'' she said softly. ''But I really have to go now.''

Asami leaned in, but at the last moment, she turned her face and kissed my cheek. I sighed. I didn't know if she was just shy at the moment or if there was some other reason, but I guess I'd just have to do it myself.

Shortly after Asami began to pull away, I placed my hand on the nape of her neck and pressed my lips against hers. Asami wasn't expecting it and let out a soft gasp, but kissed back not much later.

I broke the kiss and opened my eyes, seeing a faint blush on Asami's cheeks once again. She fidgeted slightly, but then stepped forward and wrapped her arms around my neck. Asami had to stand on her toes to hug me properly since I was much longer than that  she was.

She had been quite cuddly lately. I also noticed we got closer, but I didn't know if that was a good  thing or just the exact opposite.

Of course I didn't want to lose her too, but was getting too attached alright?