Part 9

Outside the Ruby palace were Felix, Lily, Athy and lastly, Ana. The two little girls were picking flowers while the two onler people were watching them. Despite the warm and calm weather, they were surrounded in an awkward atmosphere.

Boy, that night's conversation really took a toll to most of us. I wonder when this will be done. Thought Ana as she continued to make her flower crown from roses. "Since that day... " she heard Athy start. "Huh?"

"Remember that conversation we had with these two when I suddenly blurted out that I wanted to see mom?" she pointed out before Ana let out an "ah" in realization. "What about it?" she asked, despite already knowing the reason.

"Yeah... about that, those two are worried now about us all the time."

Ana shrugged and told her, "I can't blame them, though. For them, we are kids who wanted to see their mother who died before we could even open our eyes and get a glimpse of her."

Athanasia silently sighs, "I know..."

One of the adults called, "Uh, princesses." Despite it, Athy immediately rose up from her seat as she held her hat over her head. "Looking at flowers is no fun. I want to go home now." Athy stated as Ana looked at her with a ridiculous face before whining softly. I didn't get to finish my crown... but whatever.

Athanasia thought to herself, I've had enough with trying to leave like I don't have a clue. While her twin sister knew why she abruptly tried to leave, she sighed in disappointment. "You know you can't just run away from this right, Athy?" She shook her head before leaving first as she didn't get any response from her sister. She expected it anyway.

As they got back inside the Ruby palace, Athanasia was sitting on the couch beside her sister as she 'read' her book in hand. Ana was busy sketching her.

"They shouldn't be like that. She's not our real mom anyway," Anastasia could only stared at her before looking back to her drawing as she thought to herself, The fact that your soul has been reincarnated one time in the earth and two times in this world will not change the fact that she's your-- er... our mother. May it be biologically or not.

When the girl of platinum blond hair noticed the two adults talked outside the room, she decided to eavesdrop. When she looked back to her sister who looked uninterested, she grabbed Ana's wrist and silently dragged her to where she could peek through the door, much to Anastasia's dismay.

Felix's voice echoed the hall quietly as he talked to Lily regarding the memorial stones that should've held memories about Diana, their mother. Lily could only sigh in sadness.

Hearing the memorial stones took both of the girls' interest and began listening. Tsk, I was used to eavesdropping before, Ana began in her thoughts, feeling a little guilty, so why in the world am I feeling this?

Ana rubs her chin as she remembers herself reading about the memorial stone that could hold up at least thirty seconds of recording. Psshhh... that just makes me think that cell phones are better. Hmp.

"I really wanted to let both of the princess see lady Diana," Felix sulked as he let out his opinion. Lily could only stare at him in concern.

"Why...?" Athy asked no one in particular but accidentally using their twinpathy. Anastasia pointed out quietly, not bothering to use their ability, "Felix probably have known our mother before if Claude does." Her twin sister looked confused and dismissed her sister's statement, "if so, isn't she just a girl he just met and just forgot? Why would Felix even bother if Claude couldn't." By how she rants, she really can't accept things she hears. She's stubborn as a mule... like that Claude.