THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY
Did I do something wrong?

LEARNING ABOUT ANIMAL SPECIES brought a different outlook on things to Ruby. They way they'd kill to survive. Hunted or be the hunter.

She glanced down at her notes, peering back up as the ,class was dark, the screen showing a large animal as her teacher pointed, "The female wildebeests begin to give birth to their offspring."

Everyone gawked as the animal was hunched over, bloody and crying as it began to give birth.

"The calves fall to the ground along with the afterbirth." She finished off the presentation, the class rowdy as they shared their thoughts on the video, "Okay, let's simmer down, guys. Others take a bit more time."

Harsh knocks were placed on the door, once again, an officer walked in, this time clutching a pair of silver handcuffs, "Rachel Fairchild, you're under arrest for the murders of Megan McVey, Oliver Hayden, and Detective Sean Peyton."

Miss Fairchild furrowed her brows in confusion as the officer began to handcuff her, "What? What? Are you joking?"

"Mom." Devon stood up, looking at his mother with desperate eyes, "She didn't do it."

She approached her son, glancing around the class before drifting her dark eyes back to him, "Lower your voice. How do you know she didn't do it?"

"I just do." He muttered, forming his lips into a flat line.

"I'll see you at home." His mother bid goodbye as she walked over with her partner and their believed suspect.

Ruby felt a burst of guilt inside of her, she hurried to stand up, calling out to the group as she entered in the hallway, "Devon's right. We know she didn't do it."

"All right, let's go." Devon's mother hushed them as she urged them back into the room, "Go ahead and get back in the classroom."

Nothing that they said could convince her otherwise, even if they spoke about Chucky, who would believe some troubled teenagers? No one.

"We should have told 'em about Chucky." Ruby blurted with crossed arms.

Lexy shot her a glance, "Yeah, brilliant. Because I've always wanted to be institutionalized. How about you?"

"Lexy's right. We can't just tell anyone." Jake agreed with the blonde, glancing around at the group, "We have to find him and kill him."

"But we did kill him. I mean, we were all there." Devon shook his head in confusion.

Ruby gulped as she sat up, "We all saw what happened
to McVey. He's still out there."

"Shit. It's gotta be Tommy." Lexy sighed, biting her nails as panic arose in her.

Jake furrowed his brows as he looked at the distressed girl, "What, your sister's doll? I thought you said
you checked him out."

"I did. Now he's missing." Lexy informed the group, watching as their faces fell with the disappointing news.

"This is serious. We have to find him." Jake leaned back, his mind racing with thoughts.