THIRTY-TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
Think like the killer.

IN ORDER TO CATCH the killer they had to think like the killer and in order to do that they had no choice but to be completely serious.

Ruby snapped the final string into place as they stepped back and glanced around, the entire trap taking over the front of the house.

"We'll know if the Holy Ghost sneaks in." She muttered as she crossed her arms.

Lexy shot her a confused look, "What?"

"She's our alarm." Ruby gestured to the doll standing upright, a small smile on her face, "They have an alarm, and it's from this century and we don't want the cops here."

Devon nodded in agreement, "I don't want my mom here, okay?"

"Where's Junior and you're uncle?" Lexy asked curiously as the house had been oddly quite, her face lighty came to a frown as she mentioned the brunette.

"Funeral home." Jake nodded with flat lips.

Ruby turned to the boy with furrowed brows and a slight tilted head, "Why aren't you with them?"

"They need to be alone." He sighed deeply, "And so do we."

The girl shook her head as she uncrossed her arms, letting them fall to her side as she stepped in front of the three, "Best vantage point is upstairs. Jake's room. Rock-paper-scissors?"

Lexy scoffed loudly as she rolled her eyes, "Seriously? Jesus."

"Just don't touch my stuff, alright!" Jake called out to her as he watched her stomp up with steps with her phone propped up.

Ruby, Devon, and Jake sat on the staircase, patiently waiting for the doll to make his return, the dark skinned boy turned his head, "Hey, I talked to my mom. Told her I'm into someone. You."

Jake's eyes went wide, gulping nervously, "Um, how--how'd she take it?"

"Now that she knows you're not a psycho, she's cool." Devon chuckled, "Yeah. Well, maybe, you know, when this is all over, maybe we could go on a date? You know, one that doesn't involve hunting a killer doll."

"Definitely." Jake bit his bottom lip to contain his large grin, playing with the silver rings that decorated his fingers.

Ruby flickered her eyes between the two, "It makes me so happy that you both stopped being pussies and are finally getting together. Jake was the biggest simp ever."

Devon smirked as he glanced at the curly headed boy whose cheeks were a deep shade of pink, "Is that so?"

"Shut up. Both of you." Jake groaned as he hid his face.

"Okay." Devon brought his hands up in defense, his laughter dying down as he changed the subject, "What kind of movies are you into?"

Jake lifted his head to look at him, "Um, horror movies. Well, I mean, I used to, anyway. Favorite final girl?"

"Laurie Strode, hands down." Devon pursued his lips as he spoke.

"Jamie Lee's gonna win the Saturn this year." Jake bragged with confidence.

Ruby nodded her head rapidly in agreement with her friend, "She's fabulous. Uh, anyway. I have a feeling that it's gonna take a lot more than "Goosebumps" and Pennywise to scare us."

The group gasped as loud commotion echoed through the downstairs, their eyes meeting, "Chucky's here."

They all hurried towards the noise, only to find fresh ash by the chimney entrance, they stared down at it in confusion, "That never happened in "Cape Fear.""

"Of course not." Ruby swallowed, "De Niro could have
never fit down that chimney. Hey, make sure he doesn't double back."

Gas hissed angrily behind them making them all jump in fear, they carefully approached the screeching noise. Ruby turned the oven off, watching the flame die down, "He's--he's messing with us. I'm going upstairs."

Ruby ran up the steps, footsteps lingering by Jakes room, she threw the door open, only to find Chucky standing in the middle for the room and a shaking blonde just feet away from him.

"Ah, I was waiting for you." He turned with a evil laugh, "You know, for you to have my blood you sure are a good girl. But you know what's not good?"

"What." She answered back boldly, narrowing her eyes at the redhead.

He stepped closer to her, "Going after your friends ex boyfriend. We all know you've been in love with Junior since the day you met. Of course you'd go after him the second he broke up with Lexy. Oh, wait, did you tell her that was because of you?"

"What? Are you serious?" Lexy asked, growing angry at the brunette girl standing with her body tense.

"I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. If anything, you're the reason he broke up with her. You're also probably the reason his mother is dead. Suicide? Really? Is that you're best?" Ruby cocked a brow, challenging him.

Chucky tilted his head to side, retrieving the knife from his front pocket, "This is exactly why we're related. You're such a smart girl when you use you're itty brain. Always putting two and two together."

"Someone tell me what's going on!" Lexy whined.

"How about this. If you killed Ruby and Jake then I'll leave you alone. But if you don't then you'll just have to find out the hard way." Chucky turned his hack on the brunette as he cackled.

Ruby glanced at the blonde, watching the girls face fall in horror, completely torn at what the outcome could be. She sensed someone behind her, immediately knowing who it was.

Jake stepped behind him, the floorboard creaking loudly, Chucky spinning around, "Aha! Do it, Lexy! Kill him!"

He watched as she stood still, cursing underneath his breathe as the boy began to charge at him, he lifted his knife bringing it to slice his skin.

Jake hissed in pain, the cut small but still stinging like hell.

Ruby watched as the doll began to exit the room, reaching down as she pressed the button on the taser, pressing the metal to his clothed arm as he yelped in pain, flying across the hallway.

authors note

hello!! hope u enjoyed