Chap 1

"City is under threat!" News headlines were flashing. A group of 8 terrorists had captured the well known cafe of the city keeping hostage all the civilians there.

"What are your demands?" A senior officer was trying to negotiate with them.

"Leave our mates! We will leave from here!" It was their demand.

Amidst all the negotiations, a person was wearing the bullet proof vest and helmet.

"Sir! You sure you will be fine!" A concerned voice asked.

"I don't know! But I know one thing! I can't leave their mate from our custody. And I can't leave those innocent lives in their custody." The man said. His chocolate brown eyes were brimming with determination.

He took his small troop, leading them towards the backdoor of cafe. With all the care, he entered the cafe along with his troop.

The scenario was very dreadful there. About 45 civilian including children were kept hostage there. Their faces were clearly telling the agony they were going through.

He signed his 8 snipers. They took their position. He signed from his fingers. All the 8 snipers shot at 8 terrorist. All of them fell down. Work was done.

Crowd began panicking a little. Everyone was trying to leave from there as soon as possible. Troops were helping them. But then, those chocolate brown eyes saw one of the terrorist who was still alive trying to aim a shot at a young girl. Without even a second thought, he dived towards her.

SHOTTT

He was lying facedown on the floor with his left arm bleeding. With his right arm, he took s shot at the terrorist. It was pretty accurate.

His troops took him out of the cafe. His arm was hurt but face was content.

"Immediately call hospital!" A senior officer was ordering.

"Calm down bade papa! It's just a bullet!" Man said.

"Sanskar Maheshwari! Don't teach me! I am Durga prasad!" He scolded him.

News headlines were changed.

"SANSKAR MAHESHWARI, HEAD OF ATS, INJURED IN THE RESCUE OPERATION. NO CIVILIAN HURT!"

FEW HOURS AFTER

Sanskar was sitting on his bed in his room with a bandage on his left arm. Thank god, the bullet just grazed on his arm.

"Take this turmeric milk! You will feel good!" Sujata, a lady in her mid 50 came.

"Thank you mom!" Sanskar said and drank the milk in one go.

"Beta!" Sujata tried to say something.

"Hmm!" Sanskar replied.

"Nothing!" Sujata said. Her tongue was trying to find words for him. It's been 3 years that Sanskar had talked to anyone properly.

She just patted his hair to which he smiled. This was the maximum conversation he had with anyone. He did not behaved rudely with anyone but as if he had lost every urge to enjoy the pleasure of life. He had confined himself in his room.

"Aashna beta! Sleep na! Please!" Ragini was trying to make little girl asleep but she was adamant.

"Ayansh got her mumma! Reyansh bhaiya got her mumma! Where's my mumma?" Her innocent voice was asking a question to which Ragini did not have an answer.

"Don't you love your Ragini chachi?" Ragini asked.

"I want my mumma!" Saying so, she ran out of the room.