Chapter 40

"What???" Sanskar exclaimed.

"Do you know where she is?" Durga Prasad asked, "Or have you said something to her again?"

"No bade papa! In fact we did not even talk!" Sanskar tried to explain.

"You did not even apologise to her."

"You did not try to mend your mistake and slept while she was working all night for the mistake you committed."

"Do you even know how vulnerable she was last night! She had high fever. I checked her myself."

The words of Durga Prasad, Adarsh and Ram felt like stones to Sanskar. He did not even dare to look up but an unknown fear was making him restless. His dream was continuously flashing itself in front of him.

"Please everyone! We can do this scolding session afterwards." Annapurna's stern voice came from behind. She was visibly irritated. Adarsh tried to say something but her gaze stopped him. After sighing deeply, she said, "Our first priority should be searching for Swara. Sanskar is not a kid to not understand the gravity of the situation. And we all know that what Swara means to him. So please! Let's focus on priorities."

Sanskar raised his gaze to look at Annapurna. She was quite tensed too. But something was hidden behind the mask of tension. Her eyes were saying about her knowledge of something which was not known to others. And this knowledge was making her scared.

"Have you all called the college in which conference was?" Sanskar asked.

"Nobody is picking up the call there. I sent some people there but they said that conference was over at 4p.m." Laksh informed.

Sanskar took car keys out. "I need to find Swara. Knights chief is on the run. I won't let anything happen to Swara!"

"Laksh and Adarsh had searched the city. They had just come back." Sujata said.

Sanskar just nodded. He did not want to leave a single stone unturned. He was about to leave for his search when doorbell rang. Sanskar opened the door immediately and to his big relief, Swara was standing there. But there was something unusual about her appearance. Her skin was looking flushed. Her eyes were looking heavy and red. And a person was holding her hand to support her.

"Karan? What happened to Swara?" Sanskar immediately held Swara's hand. Her body was so warm that for a second, Sanskar felt as if he had touched a hot water bottle.

"Let's take her inside Sanskar! She is not well!" Karan said.

Sanskar nodded. He held Swara's shoulder and to his confusion, Swara kept her head on his shoulder.

"Swara! What happened?" Sujata and Ragini ran towards her. Parineeta took away kids from there.

Swara did not reply. She was not in a condition to reply.

"Laksh! There is a paracetamol injection in my kit. Take it out." Ragini asked Laksh as soon as she touched Swara.

Swara tried to say something but Ram stopped her. "Dr. Swara! You are a patient right now so behave as one! If you had fever, you should have informed to us at least. I promise I would have come to take you myself."

"Papa! No injection please!" Swara could utter this much only.

"Shhhh!" Sujata said and made her arm stretched out as soon as she made her sit on the couch, "How can you be afraid of injections na! Calm down!"

Till then Ragini had already injected medicine. Sujata took Swara to her room leaving others in the hall. Sanskar saw Swara almost completely leaning on Sujata. She was not in her senses. But he felt a little odd. His sixth sense was telling something was not right. This was not just a fever.