chap 29

Swara went out of the room to avoid Rajat and his questions. Unaware of three souls following her back, she entered her cabin and shut the door tightly. Today was not her OPD. She was free today. But she didn't have time to sulk in her own agony. She took out her phone and video called Ashna. But before that, she cleared her face from any tears.

Looking from a distance, Ravi looked at Sanskar and smiled, " I don't know what power do these women possess!"

"I don't know what good deeds i did to earn the love of Swara." Sanskar said and smiled. His smile had mixed emotions of pride and pain.

Suddenly, they both again saw the girl whom they encountered in the ward. The look of lement on her face, she was walking almost aimlessly in that hospital.

"Have you seen her before?" Sanskar asked Ravi.

"No!" Ravi replied.

There was something intriguing about her expressions that made Sanskar restless.

But before they could proceed further behind her, a noise diverted their attention. Swara's cell phone rang. And without saying a word, she ran towards NICU.

In between playing roles of a doctor, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a daughter in law, she had forgotten herself. Sanskar watched her mornings converting into sulky evenings without even having a morcel. But one thing was changed. Her tears had now dried up and loneliness had taken it's place.

Rajat's treatment had started showing results a little bit. There were more frequent movements in Sanskar's body and his brainwaves were improving too.

"I miss you so much Sanskar!" Swara said one evening while sitting near him, "Your silence is killing my heart."

It was when Rajat entered the room. Swara controlled herself as soon as she saw him. 

"How is the treatment going on?" Swara asked Rajat.

"I must say, treatment is going on in a good way! He is showing signs of improvement. And if things go on in such a pace, he may not be needing a life support in a week or two!" Rajat said with a smile.

Swara's happiness knew no bounds and so does of Sanskar. Finally, after a great deal of time, he heard such a good thing.

"I don't have words to thank you dr rajat." Swara said folding her hands, "I wish you get all the happiness of this world."

Rajat's eyes reflected pain. He just smiled at Swara and went away. Swara noticed his eyes.

Days passed like this. One fine morning, Sujata was sitting near Sanskar. It was when Swara entered. Her hands were adorned with Mehandi. She was looking pretty today.

"Beta! Are you sure?" Sujata asked.

"Damn sure ma!" Swara affirmed.

"Sure for what?" Sanskar's soul asked but then hit his head with palm. How could they hear his voice.

"Beta! You are already weak. And you are thinking of keeping this fast of teej. You can't drink even a drop of water today." Sujata was concerned. Her concern was genuine.

Swara just smiled and sat near Sujata. Sujata knew that Swara will be adamant for this.

"Ma! Badi ma just asked me same thing. But I will be fine." Swara patted her hand and pressed it with smile. Though her eyes were saying something else.

"Even Ragini doesn't do this fast. This work in hospital, this hectic schedule, and not drinking water for a whole day. Think again." Sujata again tried to make her understand.