Chapter 30

"don't worry Sanskar! I am not giving up on you under any circumstances!" These were Swara's words as soon as she saw him after the conversation. As if someone has scratched her wounds again, the blood oozed out in the form of tears.

Sanskar's soul was watching everything. Deprived of love since childhood, her shoulders were crushed under responsibilities , and now, even in this fragile state, she was being expected to fulfill the additional ones.

It was when the doors of his room were opened. An angry Shekhar along with Dr. Apoorva was standing in front of her.

"Swara! Talk to Dr. Apoorva!" Shekhar almost yelled at her. Hearing his voice, staff stopped and peeped inside.

"Papa! We can be quite na!" Swara insisted.

"No! We can't be! You are ruining your life and I won't allow this!" Shekhar said.

Swara didn't reply. She did not want any sort of drama there. But it was not in her hands only.

"Dr. Swara! Your father is right. Your husband is never going to wake up." Apoorva's words were met with a death glare from Swara.

"Dr. Apoorva! Dr. Shekhar is my father and I won't raise my voice on him. But you are not na!" Swara's reply stunned Shekhar and Apoorva.

"Swara!" Shekhar yelled at her again.

"Papa! We can talk it out at home. You are not in your senses." Swara again insisted.

"I am in my senses. You are not understanding the gravity of the situation." Shekhar was uncontrolled in his anger.

Swara sighed and looked at Sanskar's face. Even with his eyes closed, it had the power to calm her down.

"You silly girl. You know what you are doing with your life. Ruining it in hope for a miracle. Miracles do not happen so soon Swara." Shekhar was bursting his own frustrations over Swara. The mixture of seeing Swara in pain, her not being able to fulfill the responsibilities towards him, her lack of attention towards him, surfaced out his insecurities again.

Swara felt as if her childhood was resurfacing again. It used to happen at that time too. All the frustration of Shekhar used to pour over her. And she stood like this only. Staring at the photograph of her mother, trying to calm herself down. Pursing her lip tightly to not say anything. Biting her tongue to avoid crying.

Shekhar's rant, that too in front of whole hospital, made her numb. Everyone was listening and wondering did Swara deserve all this!

When his rant was over, Swara looked at Shekhar whose eyes were red with anger.

"Papa! What do you want me to do?" Swara asked calmly.

"Time to choose between Sanskar and your father!"

Swara looked at Shekhar with disbelief. She couldn't understand his words.

"I know how you will agree!" Shekhar looked at her with winning gaze.

"Papa!" Swara couldn't say further. She didn't know what was her fault and what made Shekhar act like this.

Swara felt her head spinning faster. Had destiny wrote all the pain in her life only!

"Papa!" Swara again tried to say something when Uttara held her shoulder and looked enraged at Shekhar.

"Wow! Papa! Has anything else left?" Uttara almost yelled at Shekhar.

"You stay out of this!" Shekhar replied and stared at Swara.

"I can't.... Papa don't do this please!" Swara folded her hands in front of him and pleaded.